Paul Gauguin Promotional Offers

Koz1

We visited Papeete, Moorea and Bora Bora while on a cruise from Hawaii to Sydney on the Celebrity Solstice in October 2013 and have wanted to go back to French Polynesia ever since.   We've been reading a lot of the posts here and have decided to book a Paul Gauguin cruise for August 2020.  

How often do PG have promotional offers when booking, like OBC?    They currently have a Valentines Day offer that expires on February 16 that gives a $200 spa credit, box of chocolates and a bottle of sparkling wine but we would prefer an On Board Credit that we could use towards the cost of excursions.  From past experience, has anyone noticed if they usually introduce a new offer soon after the current one expires?  We'll wait until next week to book in case they do have a different offer.     We've only recently been considering a Paul Gauguin cruise so don't know what promotional offers they usually have at different times of the year.

I've seen mention in some old posts of people having OBC offers added to current bookings.  Do they usually do that most of the time when you request it?   If the price of a cruise increases can you still get OBC offers added to an existing booking without having to pay the higher price?

Thanks for any advice you can offer. 

Edited by Koz1

Offers vary by season..we use a TA that knows the PG well and he looks for promo’s offered when and after we book and can usually get that extra obc added..to be fair, PG might offer retroactive obc promos up until 3-6 months before you go...and it could be different for everyone....this is our experience twice booking with him and pg 

Edited by Larro9
Edit

We have been on the ship a number of times, currently reserved for July.  It appears that PG has offers only a few times per year.  Usually Valentine's day, Black Friday (but they did not have it this past year), and around the Christmas/New Year's.  We have always been able to add on a promotion even well after a reservation.  Last week I asked if we could get the Valentine's promotion but was turned down (as I expected) as I already added on another promotion that they had a few months ago.  So..............Adding on one promotion should work, more than one was a no go.  Most TA's should also offer you significant OBC or a post cruise rebate.  I usually receive about $900 in TA supplied OBC and rebate (combined together) for a deck 4 cabin (Not per person).

Koz1, we are also Aussies and have  our first PG cruise booked for April. We booked through a US TA and got a very nice cash back offer of over $1400 for a deck 6 balcony D cabin which reduced our fare, then about October last year PG offered a promotional OBC of $125 PP which we were able to add via our TA. We were hoping to add the Valentines day one this year as others had done previously but it wasn’t available for old bookings just new bookings. It’s a good deal and I dont think you have to spend It in the spa,  others have used it towards tours. So I’d book using this promotion and just keep checking back through the year on the PG app for further promos and if they’re open for new and old bookings ask your TA to add it. Mine actually got us $50 more each than the promo, so that was even better! We’ll use that for two excursions we are doing in the Marquesas Islands where independent tour guides are few and far between. Hope that helps 

cheers Wendy

28 minutes ago, davwen81 said:

KozHi we booked our PG cruise over a year ago for this April. At the time there were no offers, but during the year they had an OBC offer for old and new bookingsof $300, which our TA added to our booking. We will use this towards our excursions too though we’ve only booked two as we are going to the Narquesas and independent operators are few and far between.

This Valentines offer is a good one and I had been waiting for this as in previous  years you could add it to old bookings, but this year 

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Wendy and David, Hi, we're planning to book the August 29 2020 Marquesas 14 night cruise so could use OBC towards excursions    Did you book through an Australian TA?   The couple of quotes I've had from TAs here are in US Dollars and are for the same price as the PG website.  This morning I've contacted a US based TA that I've used a few years ago and they can give me a $500 OBC from them as well as the $200 spa credit from PG, and I haven't found Australian TAs offering extra OBCs like US based TAs usually offer.   

Edited by Koz1

13 minutes ago, davwen81 said:

Koz1, we are also Aussies and have  our first PG cruise booked for April. We booked through a US TA and got a very nice cash back offer of over $1400 for a deck 6 balcony D cabin which reduced our fare, then about October last year PG offered a promotional OBC of $125 PP which we were able to add via our TA. We were hoping to add the Valentines day one this year as others had done previously but it wasn’t available for old bookings just new bookings. It’s a good deal and I dont think you have to spend It in the spa,  others have used it towards tours. So I’d book using this promotion and just keep checking back through the year on the PG app for further promos and if they’re open for new and old bookings ask your TA to add it. Mine actually got us $50 more each than the promo, so that was even better! We’ll use that for two excursions we are doing in the Marquesas Islands where independent tour guides are few and far between. Hope that helps 

cheers Wendy

Thanks Wendy.  I saw this second reply from you after I replied to your first one so you've answered my questions already.  We're looking at a Category E deck 4 cabin and they're not offering any extra off the cruise price, although when they quoted a category F price their price was 5% lower than PGs price.  I called back and he said he'll ask a Manager tomorrow if they can do better with the cruise price too, as he said the discounts vary depending on cabin grade.  

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2019 at 6:57 PM, Koz1 said:

Thanks Wendy.  I saw this second reply from you after I replied to your first one so you've answered my questions already.  We're looking at a Category E deck 4 cabin and they're not offering any extra off the cruise price, although when they quoted a category F price their price was 5% lower than PGs price.  I called back and he said he'll ask a Manager tomorrow if they can do better with the cruise price too, as he said the discounts vary depending on cabin grade.  

Flight Medic555 and davwe81---if you are comfortable with this ????-----could you give me the contact info and phone number of your T.A.? You can email me at dunne99@yahoo.com.

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 4:51 PM, Dunner said:

Flight Medic555 and davwe81---if you are comfortable with this ????-----could you give me the contact info and phone number of your T.A.? You can email me at dunne99@yahoo.com.

Me too please.  I'm having a difficult time connecting with a knowledgeable TA. Michelle.miles77@gmail.com