CABIN Assigned prior to departure

beachmets

I tried to book yesterday with the $1 deposit and kept getting error after all info put in, therefore  I was unable to get the cabin I had selected and ended up getting one that will be assigned prior to departure.

BA is the category.   Had wanted  balcony cabin midship.  Does this now mean it will be a balcony but will be a balcony anywhere?  Have never had to do this.  Can I call and see if I can get a cabin assigned?   Thanks for any replies.

54 minutes ago, beachmets said:

I tried to book yesterday with the $1 deposit and kept getting error after all info put in, therefore  I was unable to get the cabin I had selected and ended up getting one that will be assigned prior to departure.

BA is the category.   Had wanted  balcony cabin midship.  Does this now mean it will be a balcony but will be a balcony anywhere?  Have never had to do this.  Can I call and see if I can get a cabin assigned?   Thanks for any replies.

It will be a GTY cabin in the category (BA) that you booked or higher. 

They do try and assign a BA in the GTY area booked. It will usually say forward/mid forward/midship/mid aft/aft.

Yes you are at the mercy of Princess for location and cabin but it will be whatever category (BA) you pick (balcony etc) or higher.

Yes it will be assigned before departure and could be up to the day before sailing.

Calling them will not help. They will assign when they are ready.

Since you have to pay for the cruise regardless did you try and book with out the $1 deposit to see if you could get a specific cabin?