Need Advice on Timing

cdgreg1

I have read through many pages of the forum and have found a lot of similar information, but I would like to hear from people who have had this same or very similar experience. I took advantage of the recent European flight sale and booked flights which include an FCO departure to the U.S. via Iberia operated by AA at 11:35 a.m. on a Wednesday in Nov. 2019. The tickets are non-refundable, so changing the flight time is not an option. I would like to book a trip on the Epic that would dock at Civitavecchia that morning at 6. I am fine with carrying off my own luggage and booking a private transfer. Does making the 11:35 flight to the U.S. seem like a safe bet? I realize that nothing can be guaranteed, but I don't want to spend my vacation concerned about a ridiculous expense due to a missed flight at the end of my vacation. What time should we expect to disembark given the 6 a.m. arrival?  I have also considered trying to disembark at Naples the day before? I could skip the cruise altogether, although I really don't want to do that. Sorry for the long post; I just like to be thorough.

Thank you.

Edited by cdgreg1

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

You should be fine with an 11:35 am departure time.

I would plan for your private transfer to pick you up at 7:30 am for the slightly less than 1 hour drive to FCO airport. You should have the recommended 3 hours at the airport. 

Thank you!