Mykanos-Tour or not?

all4hockey54r

I don't know about the pros and cons of a guided tour.  We were able to do some pre arrival research and found Mykanos very doable on our own.  We found all of the sights we were looking for.  That said, I'm sure a guide could have told us a lot more of the history and possibly taken us to some out of the way places we didn't know about.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, ollienbertsmum said:

I like to learn the history of the places I visit but I think with Mykonos, for a bit of pre arrival research Google will suffice.  

How about getting from Mykonos to Delos? 

Obviously would need transportation there, so would a tour company be our best option or is there a boat/ferry that would be able to takw us if we DIY?

6 hours ago, NayaSantaFe said:

How about getting from Mykonos to Delos? 

Obviously would need transportation there, so would a tour company be our best option or is there a boat/ferry that would be able to takw us if we DIY?

You may get more answers asking this as a new question. 

I cannot answer your question because I have not been to Mykonos yet.  From my experience of the Greek Islands I will be happy to just wander around without getting an extra tour.  For me, one of the joys of this trip  (compared to my previous cruises) is that I will not have to do any extra planning.