Upgrades

iandjm

Hi,

I am on Infinity in a couple of weeks and have noticed today that we have the chance to upgrade to guarenteed suite grade. At present we are a CC stateroom (one of the few with a larger balcony too!). The cost to upgrade is minimal. There is just one problem, there is a risk of getting a Celebrity suite, without a balcony. I personally love balconies, coming form the UK the chance of sitting on yout balcony having breakfast is one I can't refuse. So I am a littel put off the idea of taking up the suite guarantee. Up until today all my cruises with Celebrity have been in a Sky suite, which I love. What are your thoughts? Is there anyway of speaking to Captains Club ( I am elite) and asking for only a sky suite guarantee?

Many thanks

Ian

No you get what they give you when it comes to putting in for a GTY.

I have stayed in both a SS and a CS. I would take the CS 10 times out of 10. You get a cabin that far exceeds the SS 247 sf vs 487 sf.

The views from the cabin are without compare. Yes you don't get the fresh air, but the view alone makes it worthwile. If you really want the fresh air it's only a quick elevator ride away. I never missed the balcony and just adored the view. Best of luck to you.

Hey,

I got the SS I wanted. Yay!

Ian :D :D

Which on did you get?

Understand, if that was one of the aft CC cabins you had, you just gave up about a 200 sq ft balcony, and you did say you really like your balconies...

With a rare few exceptions, the Sky Suites on Infinity come with a 57 square foot balcony.

This is why there's been an interesting ongoing debate about the Sky Suite vs. aft CC cabins on this class of Celebrity's ships. Since you've never had the latter as a cabin, you owe it to yourself to go and take a peek when you board sometime.

Hi

We got 6102, and no we did nto have one of the large balcony CC's so no worries there.

Im totally happy now

Ian

Ah, OK. You confused me a bit when you said ...

At present we are a CC stateroom (one of the few with a larger balcony too!).
I took that to mean one of the aft CC cabins. Still worth a look if you ever get the chance.

Congrats on the upgrade!

I am curious as to your suite guarantee upgrade. Friends are in a CC cabin and are thinking about doing this upgrade. I didn't realize that you get the cabin # assigned right away, is that usual? Is that because you are Captain's Club Elite? This is their first time with Celebrity so they are newbies, will they know their cabin # right away?

Yes, you usually get an assignment right away when you are less than 70 days from sail date. The guarantee class (W) is a device they use to avoid making lower rates available to someone who has already booked a suite.

What I'm curious about is this post. The original poster starts by saying they have one of the big CC balconies (like aft or 6145) and then writes that they didn't have a larger one. So which part is fiction?

What I'm curious about is this post. The original poster starts by saying they have one of the big CC balconies (like aft or 6145) and then writes that they didn't have a larger one. So which part is fiction?[/quote]

Does it really matter?

Congrats to iandjm! Enjoy your cruise!!

[quote name=a1moty Does it really matter?

Congrats to iandjm! Enjoy your cruise!!

It matters if you understand the issue. As Canderson put it, if you love your balcony, would you think that an "upgrade" to an SS was really an upgrade if you had to give up so much balcony to get it? The whole point of the post was seemingly related to the concern about losing a large balcony.

I am curious as to your suite guarantee upgrade. Friends are in a CC cabin and are thinking about doing this upgrade. I didn't realize that you get the cabin # assigned right away, is that usual? Is that because you are Captain's Club Elite? This is their first time with Celebrity so they are newbies, will they know their cabin # right away?

I'm on a cabin category guarantee and got my cabin assignment within the first week (I booked about 90 days early). You can check out your cabin assignment by going to My Celebrity (or even to on line check in) and entering your Celebrity confirmation number, last name, ship and sail date. You'll be able to see the complete status of you reservation. I think that's all you've got to do.

It matters if you understand the issue. As Canderson put it, if you love your balcony, would you think that an "upgrade" to an SS was really an upgrade if you had to give up so much balcony to get it? The whole point of the post was seemingly related to the concern about losing a large balcony.

Pardon me, I apparently misunderstood the line: So which part is fiction?

It sounded like to me that the poster was being accussed of lying on some point or another.

In any event, I am still glad the the cruiser got the suite of his/her dreams and hope that they will have a fantastic cruise!

Just to clarify I had a CC stateroom booked, one of the few with a larger angled balcony (8046). I have never stated I had one of the large stern facing ones. Hence the uprade to SS is very good. That rules out any of the accusations of fiction eh! I tohught these groups were friendy???

Ian

Just a friendly question - had you booked some type of stateroom w/ the possibility of an upgrade from the beginning, or was this upgrade a complete surprise to you? And if anyone else knows if you can get upgraded without that guarantee class, i'd be appreciative to hear the answer.

I'll echo the earlier question - how did you "notice" that you had the upgrade possibility....is this something you can see on the celebrity website or did someone contact you?

Anyhow, enjoy your cruise!

Hi John,

We originally booked a CC stateroom, then last week checked online with Celebrity and found that w grade guarantee suites were avaialble for a very small fee over the price of our existiing CC stateroom. We took the offer and ended up with a nice sky suite. I am so pleased we got it :)

Its an offer well worth taking in my opinion.

Happy cruising

Ian:D

Archived