Marella Explorer 2 - Junior Suite

We are looking to book a Junior Suite on the Explorer 2 for a Caribbean cruise in February next year. 

I note that you can choose your cabin in advance for a fee of £48 rather than be allocated on arrival.  From my experience you can usually choose your cabin at the time of booking and this is included in the price. So this appears to be yet another money making scheme. However if there are some Suites that are Superior because of their position etc or certain Suites to avoid it may well make sense to spend the £48.

The Junior suites are situated on Decks 10 and12 and I would welcome any recommendations as to which suites offer the best value from anyone with previous experience of TUI cruises, passengers who have travelled on its sister ship, or anyone who has travelled on the ship when it was the Celebrity Century or SkySea Golden Era. Or indeed any Suites that do not offer good value.

Thankyou

It is not a money making scheme if you compare it to P&O where to reserve a cabin ALL occupants have to pay a select fare, and that select fare could be hundreds of pounds more expensive than the cheaper 'saver' fare option where the company allocate your cabin. Marella only charge the £48 per cabin.

Some cabin categories can be all in good locations so no need to reserve a cabin.

I too use Stugeron but only occassionally

Thanks for your response Dave, you make a very good point.

We are going to go ahead and book the cruise - from your vast experience have  you any suggestions as to the best located Junior Suites so thatI can go ahead and reserve