Anyone stayed in Wintergarden suite on Encore?

Jane555

Alas, we haven’t stayed in the Encore’s Wintergarden, but we have friends who have stayed in these suites on the Encore and the smaller Odyssey-class ships. Our friends like them because, in addition to offering a lot of space,  there are connecting suites on both sides that can be combined if you’re traveling with a group. 

As as I recall, our friends expressed a preference for the Wintergargen suites on the smaller ships (something about the bathtub configuration).  I think this may have simply been a matter of personal preference re the layout or the type of tub. 

We’ve visited Wintergarden suites on both classes of SB ships, and they were very spacious and appeared well laid-out. If your budget allows, they’re great choice, especially  if you want to invite other guests in for drinks, snacks, etc. They’re also appealing if you’re traveling with family/friends and want to have a large living/dining  area where people can congregate. 

One Wintergarden feature that I eyed jealously: the Nespresso machine. 

Can't comment on the Ovation but I was lucky enough to have an upgrade to the Wintergarden Suite on the Odyssey which from the pictures and layouts look very similar.  It is a luxurious space.  The dining table seats at least six and you should be able to seat 8 without any issues.  The living room has a large wrap around couch that is perfect for lounging about and having a cocktail hour.  Oh, and there is a full bar with two bar stools...  The bathroom is massive with a huge jacuzzi sized tub and I loved the seashell spiral design of the standing shower.  Spacious double sinks with plenty of counter space.  The walk in closet isn't massive but we each had our own hanging rod and there was a stack of 5 smaller drawers on one side and then a stack of 3 larger drawers with space for shoes on top.  The bedroom is probably the tightest room being dominated by the king sized bed but there's no chance you will stub your toe in the middle of the night.  Still plenty of space all around.  The sun room is pretty luxurious with a soaker tub and banquette with a full wall of windows looking towards the sea.  The patio has a table for four and 2 recliners and more empty space on top of that.  There's also a second half bath in the main area so that guests don't need to go into the residence side of the suite.

Hope that helps.  Happy to answer any other specifics that I can remember.

We have stayed in the Wintergarden suite on the Quest and the Odyssey and will be in that suite on the Encore in May.  The layout looks almost exactly the same and we're looking forward to it.  I'm sure you will enjoy! Only one word of caution - you will be spoiled after you stay in it.