Cultural/Ethnic makeup of passengers on Asian cruises

yoolykeme

Am Platinum status on NCL, so totally know what it's like to cruise from USA/Canada/Europe.  Going on first Asia cruise, leaving from Singapore, and then 12 days to Vietnam, Kuala Lumpur, Vietnam, and Thailand.

Can anyone tell me what the cultural makeup of the passengers are?  I assume that there are more mainland Asians that there are Americans or Europeans, than there would be on US-based cruises.  I've been told stories that cruises through Asia can be different because of these cultural differences.

Not that it matters, but I'm Asian too.  I'm just trying to see if I should expect that the majority of fellow passengers are going to be speaking Chinese, Singlish, or something else.  Of course, most of the staff will be Filipino lol :) 

We cruised on the Jewel very recently from Japan to Singapore and the vast majority of passengers were British, American, Canadian and Australian. There were some people from  Singapore and the Philippines but few people from east Asia. Most people were English speaking. Possibly the shorter cruises starting and ending in Japan might attract more East Asian people. We’ll probably find out next year, we had a great time and plan to go back to Japan and do another cruise, probably starting and ending there. Yokohama was a very easy port to cruise from and we found Japan fascinating. 

• Like 1