Does Supper Club menu rotate?

SeekingtheSun

I am cruising this weekend on the Escape, and was wondering if the 3-course fixed menu for Supper Club shows was the same every night, or if it varies? 

My husband and I are foodies and I am trying to decide between an extra night at a specialty restaurant or catching another show.  If it's the same menu every time in the Supper Club, that would be a deciding factor.  I know we could just skip eating and get dinner elsewhere, but want to factor that into our planning.

Assuming we CAN get reservations to anything ... 🙂

Bonus question: for anyone on the ship lately, what were the shows in the Supper Club? 

The menu does not "rotate" -- it can change every couple of months, however.  

While I find the food on NCL varies from minimally acceptable to occasionally quite good (and I have enjoyed all my NCL cruises), it is not a locus where foodies will find interesting and appealing new dishes;  I can do a good deal better in my small, midwestern home town (and that includes the seafood!).  

Thanks! I appreciate the info.

It's a shame that they don't rotate the Supper Club menus ... We will probably just pick one show that we really want to see, or try to get a show at a later time and eat dinner first. I definitely don't want to eat the same meal more than once!

I really enjoyed Los Lobos on the Dawn on our last cruise, which was quite a surprise! I thought Le Bistro was decent, too, but I love French food and flavors, which helps a lot - garlic and butter cover a multitude of sins.

I agree that nothing was really impressive or amazing, but there were only a few meals that were really disappointing. I don't expect a floating hotel to have Michelin-star food, and tried to keep my expectations reasonable. You are right that we can get better food at local places 🙂

Edited by SeekingtheSun

Just sailed the Escape from 2/3-17. We booked Rocketman and Golden Octave in the Supper Club, and were served two different three-course dinners. There were no choices offered except a vegetarian option. The shows were great, but the meals were just okay. By the way, the meals are posted at the box office 24 hours before the show.

Once we had boarded, we used the touch screen to view and book shows in the Supper Club. I believe there were two shows per night at 6:00 and 8:30 with several of the acts performing on two different nights, while others only once. The doors opened 1/2 hour before showtime and meal service began as soon as we were seated.

We were on the Escape the end of January for a 14 day.  I think we went to the supper club on three nights.  One dinner in my opinion was inedible (chicken thigh).  The other two were good.  If you want to see the show, go.  It’s not like you’ll starve. 😊. We never booked, just showed up as a standby and never had any issues getting in.  

Have fun on the Escape, it’s a fun ship.  Tell Deepak (hotel director) that Bob and Maryann send greetings.  

• 2 weeks later...

Each night’s dinner for the three nights we went to the supper club were different. On the night we went to see the Golden Octives they served roast beef which was some of the best we had ever had anywhere. The other two nights we didn’t eat there, only attending the show but what they served ( kebab one night and chicken) looked good.