Souda bus to Chania

Preacherman46

First time in Greece. Coming in on the Jewel April 25. Instead of excursion considering walking around in Chania. I've read that buses come for cruisers about every 5 minutes and it's about a 15 minute ride. Wondering where they leave you off in Chania. If it's anywhere near the waterfront. Any other info would be welcome too. Thanks.

Edited by Preacherman46

Several years ago when I used the bus that was provided at the port (Souda) to go into Chania, the drop-off and pick up point was on the major street in front of what is labeled as the "Old Chania Market" and the "Municipal Market of Chania" on Google Maps.  It's a large building shaped like a "plus sign".   The drop off is on the south side of this building.  The waterfront is behind the market on the north side.  The market is not "on" the water.  But it is not a far walk.  After getting off the bus, I walked through the market and exited the building on the north side.  Then I gradually just explored around and walked the streets slightly downhill until I found the waterfront.  The area is mostly filled with shops, cafes, and such, so it's a pleasant walking area.  I did a loop down to the waterfront and worked my way back up to the market building and caught a bus to the ship.  I was only in town for maybe 2 or 3 hours.

As I said, this was several years ago.  But I think everyone else I have read on here seems to say the drop-off location remains at the market location.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

2 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Several years ago when I used the bus that was provided at the port (Souda) to go into Chania, the drop-off and pick up point was on the major street in front of what is labeled as the "Old Chania Market" and the "Municipal Market of Chania" on Google Maps.  It's a large building shaped like a "plus sign".   The drop off is on the south side of this building.  The waterfront is behind the market on the north side.  The market is not "on" the water.  But it is not a far walk.  After getting off the bus, I walked through the market and exited the building on the north side.  Then I gradually just explored around and walked the streets slightly downhill until I found the waterfront.  The area is mostly filled with shops, cafes, and such, so it's a pleasant walking area.  I did a loop down to the waterfront and worked my way back up to the market building and caught a bus to the ship.  I was only in town for maybe 2 or 3 hours.

As I said, this was several years ago.  But I think everyone else I have read on here seems to say the drop-off location remains at the market location.

2 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Thank you for your info!!!

14 hours ago, Preacherman46 said:

Thank you for your info!!!

No problem.  Also, I don't recall the busses running every 5 minutes.  I believe I sat on a bench in front of the market for 15 minutes or so waiting for the next bus.  Pleasant place to do that.  I suspect they had 2 busses running back and forth or perhaps even only 1 bus.  It was only a 10 or 15 minute drive, as you mentioned.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

11 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

No problem.  Also, I don't recall the busses running every 5 minutes.  I believe I sat on a bench in front of the market for 15 minutes or so waiting for the next bus.  Pleasant place to do that.  I suspect they had 2 busses running back and forth or perhaps even only 1 bus.  It was only a 10 or 15 minute drive, as you mentioned.

thanks!