Star Princess Western Carib Excursions

belmont

Being first time cruisers we are looking at shore excursions on the Star going to the Western Carib.

These are the ones we are looking at and would like to see if anyone has any feed back on wether they are good or not. We are planning on booking them with the cruiseline.

In Cozumel we are thinking about the Deluxe Playa Mia beach break. Figured it has transportion, food and open bar for the duration at the beach.

In Grand Cayman we are looking at the butterfly farm and 7 mile beach excursion.

In Montego we are hoping the Rose Hall Beach Club will be available.

Any information with this would be appreciated.

Also, do you think it is best to book with the cruise line prior to our cruise or to go to these places on our own.

Thanks so much!

Carol:)

For Grand Cayman, my recommendation to go to Sting Ray City.....a "must do" as far as I am concerned.

I strongly second this. A wonderful experience. If you decide to do this excursion, book it on your own. The one through the ship was much more expensive and the tour operator had a much larger boat so you got less time in the water than with a smaller operator.

Ditto Sting Ray city for Grand Cayman. You can always go back and do the butterfly farm on another cruise, but you can't miss snorkeling with those rays! We've done this three times and still love it!

If Cozumel is opened up all the way from Wilma, Paradise Beach is nice and so is Chankanaub Park (not sure I spelled it correctly!). We also have rented a jeep and driven all around the island before, too.

We have not been to MOBAY.

Enjoy your cruise you will be OATC afterwards!:D

I agree. Go to stingray city on Grand Cayman. The turtle farm was pretty cool too. You can actually hold those endangered sea turtles and take pics of them.

On Ocho Rios, might as well go to Dunn River Falls. Actually climb up the falls tho. Bring your own water socks tho. They rip you off once you get there, altho they do have some cool Jamaica colored ones. EVERYTHING costs money in Jamaica. Some dude offers to take your pic for you, expect him to demand a tip.

While it may be cheaper to book Sting Ray city with a local operator, I believe you may get caught waiting on a tender. I believe the shore excursions booked thru Princess get priority.

More recent cruisers can say for sure, but this may be a problem in Grand Cayman and you may want to book with Princess.

I also agree the Sting Rays are not to be missed,

In Mobay, do YS FALLS and the Black River tour through Barrett Adventures! It was AWESOME! Not as far away as Dunns. Dunns is close if you are doing Ocho, but if you are doing Montego, then do YS falls. Besides, YS isn't such a tourist trap :)

Archived