How many pairs of shoes do you bring?

On my last cruise, and my vacation to Hawaii, I brought no less than 10 pairs of shoes on each. And I am a guy!!! The cruise was easy since I left out of L.A. and I live in L.A., but Hawaii was on American, and I was charged extra for my bag. It weighed 66 pds. How sad is that?:(

You know it just dawned on me that I posted the perfect thread for my next question which BTW I have been looking for these for over two years now. Here it is where can we find water shoes, you know the ones that you would wear in the coral infested waters of Aruba to keep your feet from bleeding. Any advise would be appreciated.

I got ours last year at Target but I'm not sure if they have them in yet.

You know it just dawned on me that I posted the perfect thread for my next question which BTW I have been looking for these for over two years now. Here it is where can we find water shoes, you know the ones that you would wear in the coral infested waters of Aruba to keep your feet from bleeding. Any advise would be appreciated.

You can also get them at timberland if you have one near you. They are really good ones, and I love mine.

Let me see. Started out as a thread on how many shoes a man should take on a cruise.

Quickly became how many shoes a woman should take.

Kind of sounds like home. Man has three pair of shoes in closet. Woman buys new pair of shoes. Man now has room for two pair of shoes in closet.

This sounds familiar, I switched to black tennis shoes so if need be they can be used in an emergency for dress shoes.:D

• 2 weeks later...
I must be the only woman who cruises who doesn't have a thing for shoes...I usually make sure that I pack clothes that go with black dress and casual shoes, wear the heaviest pair (usually tennies or walking shoes) to travel and add sandals - depending on where we're cruising and flip-flops for pool/spa and I'm good to go. Never noticed anyone staring at my feet or commenting on my poor selection and it leaves me more room to pack the extra clothes that I need to account for weather possibilities. Sorry, ladies, but I just don't get it ;)

I'm with you. I pack 1- black heels,1-casual shoes,2-sandals, and wear my walking shoes/sneakers to the pier. My husband brings 1-black dress shoes, 1-loafers, 1-sandals, and wears his sneakers to the pier.

***On the other hand, when my daughter cruises, she packs about 5 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of sandals, flip flops, and her newest addition--crocs. :)

Personally, I plan my clothes around my shoes. Black based outfits with 1 pair of dress shoes, cause I don't have a brown tuxedo.... eewww... sandles for casual and around ship. Tennis shoes for hiking off ship. My wife however does take a few more shoes ... but she is worth it!:D

Ok, I have started packing. I never pay any attention ot the # of shoes I take, I just take what I would wear with the outfits I bring.

Anyway here is my shoe count.................... ta, da ........ 14 pairs. :eek: Remember these are very small prs of sandals/slides so they don't take up much room ,or weigh very much! I didn't think it would be that many, oh well. This does include the tennis shoes I am wearing.

If anyone is looking Landsend.com sells sun and sea shoes. They look like sneakers ( actually wore them on the plane with socks) but they are water shoes. They were great on a hiking tour and then swimming in Aruba.

Sue

• 4 weeks later...
Just thought i would give this another go around, I thought of it when i read a post by someone asking if anyone has ever gone on a cruise with just a carry on heck i can't even fit my shoes in a carry on and I'm a male.

Kevin,

Just thought I would let everyone know that I did wear almost all my shoes except the water shoes and one pair of slides and flip flops. Only because I didn't wear the outfits that went with.

We were gone 10 days, so we just needed a lot of clothes/shoes. There was not much we didn't use.

Happy shoe shopping, and cruising, too! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

DH needs 3 pairs, tennies (for travel and shore trips), dress same for every dinner dress and casual, & water shoes. I take double that 1 black dress for formal,3 casual sandles, tennies (wear to travel and shore trips) and water shoes..

I am a total fashionista, and even I only bring 5-6 pairs of shoes! I used to travel with a lot more than that, but I have learned to choose my outfits based on my shoes. Basically, I pick a color scheme and stick with it so that I don't have to bring shoes in every color. I try to pack so that all my shoes can go with all my clothes. And I wear the same formal shoes for both/all formal nights.

We're taking a cruise next month and I've decided my "color scheme" will be shades of brown and white. So, the shoes I've decided on are:

-white casual sandals

-beige casual sandals

-brown flip-flops

-black dress shoes for formal nights

-brown nice sandals (for dinner wear)

-Puma sneakers (to exercise in or to wear out)

I would rather save the space in my suitcase for all the good stuff I purchase on vacation!

Archived