secondary embarkation point

bones774

Hi All,

I'm a resident within the NY metro area and just booked a cruise on MSC line transatlantic. The scheduled start of voyage is in Miami then proceed to NYC then transatlantic.

I would gladly give up the two sea days from Miami to NY and skip the airport hassle and cost to get on in NYC as my embarkation point. No refund or credit to be expected.

I spoke with MSC rep (just the first person to p/u phone) and she said I can't get on in NY. I know from other members of my roll call that at the minimum they are allowing Aussies to get on in NY as an embarkation point so there will be customs control people there. Does anyone have any experiences with this matter? is this a customs/immigration law problem? What if someone legitimately missed Miami embarkation due to illness / logistics could they prevent you from getting on in NYC?

thanks

14 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

People miss the ship all the time.  Aren't they generally allowed to catch up with it at the next port of call?

That's exactly what I say. 

Edited by bones774

Not that I mind flying, its the transfer to airport, getting there 2+ hours ahead, waiting for security, remove belts, shoes, empty pockets, dealing with ny traffic at lag or JFK, ugh, then more transfer at arrival airport. 

Done NY harbor numerous times, it's something yeah but not new anymore.

Probably end up flying.