Explorer Dec 8 2019 - Chartered?

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Wow I did not know that they would transfer the OBC to a new booking number.  I thought if you changed ship and date to a sailing not on the list that it had to be changed on the booking that you had for the Explorer.   Good deal

I think it is because this new reservation was just booked less than a week ago and I really did only book it because I knew this was going to be cancelled.  I did the same thing last year when they cancelled my Feb 2019 Allure cruise.  I would have just cancelled the Freedom one this time and had them change my Explorer ressie, but the price has done up since I booked.  They did have to put me on hold for several minutes while they did it.

My January 2020 Oasis is about to be cancelled too apparently.  I would complain, but I am pretty open and do not have my heart set on any of these sailings.  Not sure what I am going to do for the January one.  I just might rebook the Anthem for 3/2/2020 and move my current reservation to another sailing later in the year.  My current Anthem 2020 booking is an old Onboard booking before the rules changed so I think I only have a $125CAD deposit on it. I am just going to keep punting it down the line. Lol

8 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Oh goodness, that just sucks, sorry!  Maybe they have another ship you can hop for those 5 nights so you're doing a Back to New to Back 🙂

Thanks, the TA is working with RC to find a solution....but it will never be the same as being in the same cabin during all 3 back to back cruises....

Edited by robandana

12 hours ago, robandana said:

Thanks, the TA is working with RC to find a solution....but it will never be the same as being in the same cabin during all 3 back to back cruises....

Agreed, that sounds so amazing, hopefully a solution has some appeal and while it won't be the original can make for good stories later!

So just accepted a solution to our Dec 8th cancelation. We will spend 1 night in a Miami hotel after our first 9 night ABC island cruise and then board the Navigator for 4 nights and back to Explorer for our final 9 night ABC island cruise. Its a real pain in the butt having to jump ships but we save some money, RC pay for our hotel etc. and a total of $250 OBC for the 4 night Navigator cruise. The OBC breakdown is $100 for the cancelation/rebooking from RC, $100 for booking the canceled cruise onboard over a year ago and $50 from the TA for the new booking. 

The only real compensation we are receiving is the $100 OBC which is a total rip off in my opinion. We were booked on all 3 cruises back to back and in the same cabin. I keep saying the same thing its way too cheap for RC to charter a ship...and cancel hundreds of peoples vacations.....they really offer no compensation.  

Anyways it will not ruin our vacation but it wont be as enjoyable as being on the same ship, in the same cabin for the whole 23 days.