Ko Samui day tour

yoolykeme

So, I'm coming on a day when 3 cruise ships are going to be at port. Trying to to rent a car for the day, but that's looking sold out. Also inquired about a private tour, pending availability.

But if it were you, what would you do from 0900-1600 if you had a day in Ko Samui for the first time? I'm 42 and athletic, but bringing my mom with me, who isn't so action packed, but down to walk around and take pictures, so markets, the buddha statue, massage, and a beach sound cool.

Additionally, does anyone know the going rate for tours by local touts at the cruise ports? There is a 5 hr Viator tour that can only pick me up from a hotel. It only costs $35pp, so I was thinking of booking it. Will I be able to purchase it for cheaper at the port?

Thanks for your insight.

I just returned from Asia cruise with a stop in Ko Samui.  I booked Mr. Samui Transportation as they had great reviews on trip advisor. :https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1182465-d4501077-Reviews-Mr_Samui_Transport_Private_tours-Mae_Nam_Ko_Samui_Surat_Thani_Province.html

He responded promptly to every message I sent them.  

Mr. Chicken (yes, that was his name) picked us up at the pier and we spent the next 8 hours with him.  Prices for 3 people was 3500Baht for 6 hours 400Baht for each hour over 6 hours.

He suggest the standard stops around the island, but we also wanted to go to Namuang Safari Park to ride the elephants, get pictures with the tigers and go to the waterfall (both highlights of our cruise).  This costs additional (approx 35US$ for elephant ride, picture with the tiger and transport to the falls).  If interested, do the park first thing as we did and you'll get there before the cruise ship tours (go straight to elephants first as there was a long line by the time we finished).  We saved tons of $ and time doing this tour on our own.  We saw ALL of the island.  We drove around the whole thing with many stops along the way for swimming as well as a delicious lunch (which was huge, delicious and about $4US), and some markets for shopping.  I highly recommend this tour company as well as doing it on your own.

14 hours ago, yoolykeme said:

So, I'm coming on a day when 3 cruise ships are going to be at port. Trying to to rent a car for the day, but that's looking sold out. Also inquired about a private tour, pending availability.

But if it were you, what would you do from 0900-1600 if you had a day in Ko Samui for the first time? 

My advise would be be conservative on your plans for the day regarding timing.

Unless all 3 ships are small, your tendering experience to / from the dock may be very time consuming.

The pier will be a crowd of people.......cruisers, organised tour transport & tour touts.

Edited by Tranquility Base