Flying into San Juan, sailing on carnival-wait for cruise ride, or take taxi

CLS/KAS

I know this was been asked in past, but help me out. Sould I get on Carnival's bus, or beat the crowd-and get out of the airport with a taxi. Will there be any advantange to this, or just the satisfaction that I am at least moving, if nothing else. Getting in aprox. 12:00 pm noon. If this is the way to go, how much is the cost for two? From reading other threads, sounds like later in day is bad- but they won't let you on ship till 1:00? Also true that you carry your own luggage to your room-so no waiting till 6 at night? thanks

I just checked http://www.gotopuertorico.com/go_visitPuertoRico.php?language=english&page=100 and it looks like the taxi is just under $20 plus luggage prices to get there. I bet that is cheaper than your transfers. I have taked the transfers before, but not any more. I don't like waiting for the bus 1.) to get there and 2.)to fill up.

You cannot carry your own luggage to your cabin, unless you only have carry-ons. All luggage that you carry on has to go thru security like at the airport. I suggest to bring one change of each type of clothing in your carryon, as well as your swim suit, just in case your luggage doesn't make it to the ship! (Have known of that horrid thing to happen.) We also cross pack just in case one piece of luggage doesn't make it. That way you each have clothes, no matter what. You can drop your carry-on in your cabin and then go explore the ship.

Have a great cruise!

I know this was been asked in past, but help me out. Sould I get on Carnival's bus, or beat the crowd-and get out of the airport with a taxi. Will there be any advantange to this, or just the satisfaction that I am at least moving, if nothing else. Getting in aprox. 12:00 pm noon. If this is the way to go, how much is the cost for two? From reading other threads, sounds like later in day is bad- but they won't let you on ship till 1:00? Also true that you carry your own luggage to your room-so no waiting till 6 at night? thanks

By all means take a taxi and it is not the case that they don't let you on till 1:00 UNLESS there has been some problem in debarkation of the preceding cruise. Most start around 11 to 11:30 in actual fact. experienced cruisers are usually on board having lunch by noon.

Our flight from Detroit gets into San Juan around 1:30. For the last two years we have taken the Carnival shuttle bus to the dock. It seems to have been very well-organized. Yes, you have to stand in line and wait to get on the shuttle but for us part of the excitement is riding on the shuttle to the port, talking with the other passengers and getting acquainted. It's amazing how many times you see the same people throughout the week, either on the ship or the islands. There have been no problems, and our luggage has been at our cabins before dinner.

Thanks for comments, will take them-especially the last one, into consideration. This is our fourth cruise, so hoping I can do this smoothly-Keep the comments coming-still like to here some more, I have two weeks-chris icon7.gif

Archived