Question about being tendered

sanken

How long does it take to get off the ship when tendered, this is a cruise with 3000 passengers. Do you find it really inconvienent to be tenderded vs docked?
If you don't want to wait, book an early morning shore excursion through RCI - they'll make sure you're off with the first tender.

Tendering is always more inconvenient than being docked. However, on Explorer we tendered at Labadee and Grand Cayman, as everyone does, and the process went quite smoothly with little waiting. The same was true about Serenade at St. Lucia.

It's not like all 3000 get off the ship at the same time. Some don't go on shore at all; some have a little breakfast, lounge by the pool, and go in later; some are off at the crack of dawn.

I know some will talk about tendering problems, but I have no memories of tender lines that negatively impact my cruises.

Tracy

True about Serenade in St. Lucia. There were so many boats to take people to shore, there was no problems. I did have to stand in line at the end of the day to go back to the ship for about 45 min. That is when I rented a cell phone for $6 and called back to the states. They did hand out tickets for tender in the morning, so if you want to get off early on your own, get your tickets early. We had a smooth tender but I have heard of some very rough tenders.

Tendered recently at GC on the Grandeur (more like 2000 pass.), and I thought they did an amazing job. I expected to wait an hour to get to shore, but they handed out tender tickets in the centrum, and even though we were lowest priority, we were called in about 10 minutes. Getting back was no wait at all.

Archived