Emerald Uncertainty

Sea4sea

3 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

We were on the CB in November and found the complaints to be unfounded.  I have found that the people who are unhappy will yell it from the highest mountain while those who are content will say little or nothing.  Always take criticism with a large grain of salt. 

Yes, we were a couple of the people who dislike the food changes on the CB buffet and won't return until they change back to the old way. Still many people say they like it & have no complaints. It's difficult to read reports & base an opinion on someone else's report unless you know that individual. 

The only thing you can do is follow reports from past posters that you can agree with & hope they will comment on that ship before you sail.

5 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

Yes, we were a couple of the people who dislike the food changes on the CB buffet and won't return until they change back to the old way. Still many people say they like it & have no complaints. It's difficult to read reports & base an opinion on someone else's report unless you know that individual. 

The only thing you can do is follow reports from past posters that you can agree with & hope they will comment on that ship before you sail.

We are ones that liked the new CB buffet layout and the food offered.  We ate lunch there every day the MDR was closed (port days) and several sea days as well.  It is different than the other Princess ships so I can see some not liking change itself or the new offerings.  I would suggest that Princess is using the CB WFM as a test ground.  The only port we had not been to was Trinidad.  Other ports of call we had been to several to many times (St Thomas).  

Just a thought, reports on how it "was" back then are nice, but cannot be used to counter or dismiss someone's current sailing review. I just don't get the validity of it. 

The comment of "unhappy people yell from the highest mountain" should be looked at seriously, as these people took the time to make a comment. Doesn't change come from protest etc?

Not everyone protects their cruise line loyalties by remaining silent to slippage in Princess's performance. My two cents

The first cruise I was on was on the Emerald and I thought it was a beautiful ship, wonderful food, you couldn't ask for any nicer customer service. That was in 2015. But before I went on that cruise I visited CC and ask questions about what to bring clothing wise, and other wise. I cannot tell you how much stuff people recommend that you bring along with you. I was starting to believe that I would need to bring my own bed (ha ha). Anyway some of the information was over the top and some of it was good. You just have to decide for yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KatieMac67 said:

The first cruise I was on was on the Emerald and I thought it was a beautiful ship, wonderful food, you couldn't ask for any nicer customer service. That was in 2015. But before I went on that cruise I visited CC and ask questions about what to bring clothing wise, and other wise. I cannot tell you how much stuff people recommend that you bring along with you. I was starting to believe that I would need to bring my own bed (ha ha). Anyway some of the information was over the top and some of it was good. You just have to decide for yourself.

Obviously you didn't know the people who were posting. Some of then do bring all that junk, just in case they need it.

We learned years ago that if we needed something we forgot to bring, just buy it,

In over 30 some odd years of cruising we've bought 1 item & we travel lite. 😉

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

We are ones that liked the new CB buffet layout and the food offered.  We ate lunch there every day the MDR was closed (port days) and several sea days as well.  It is different than the other Princess ships so I can see some not liking change itself or the new offerings.  I would suggest that Princess is using the CB WFM as a test ground.  The only port we had not been to was Trinidad.  Other ports of call we had been to several to many times (St Thomas).  

That proves my point exactly. I can agree with most of what you post but in the future I just ignore your opinion on buffet food. As you say it is different. 😫

Our view of what items & prep. for buffet food are just not similar.