Carnival Beginner Scuba Excursion

Ariel1985

My husband and I want to do a beginners scuba in Belize. Carnival offers one, but it has no reviews. It’s also signicantly more expensive than the Cozumel beginners. Has anyone done this excursion or have recommendations for a private beginners scuba excursion?

First thing... you can't compare the excursions, Belize and Cozumel Discover Scuba, for several reasons.  First, Cozumel is done from shore right by the dive shop, near the pier, nothing but rocks and a little bit of coral, some fish.  Belize Discover Scuba looks like it is at Rendevous Island, off an island!  You take a boat ride there, do the dive, then you have a lunch buffet in the price.  I know because I looked at it for a friend.  Both will give you an instructor and basic dive... but the excursions do completely different things.  

As a certified diver for 18+ years now, I can say I would much rather do the one in Belize as you will be in water with coral reef and lots of fish.  I love love love scuba diving in Cozumel, but from a boat, not shore diving.  Night and day the difference in Cozumel.  

So, if you want a quick Discover scuba, do the one in Cozumel and you have the rest of the day on that island.  If you want a longer excursion with lunch on a little island in middle of coral reef, then do Belize.

Just my 2 cents.

robin

1 minute ago, ABQrobin said:

First thing... you can't compare the excursions, Belize and Cozumel Discover Scuba, for several reasons.  First, Cozumel is done from shore right by the dive shop, near the pier, nothing but rocks and a little bit of coral, some fish.  Belize Discover Scuba looks like it is at Rendevous Island, off an island!  You take a boat ride there, do the dive, then you have a lunch buffet in the price.  I know because I looked at it for a friend.  Both will give you an instructor and basic dive... but the excursions do completely different things.  

As a certified diver for 18+ years now, I can say I would much rather do the one in Belize as you will be in water with coral reef and lots of fish.  I love love love scuba diving in Cozumel, but from a boat, not shore diving.  Night and day the difference in Cozumel.  

So, if you want a quick Discover scuba, do the one in Cozumel and you have the rest of the day on that island.  If you want a longer excursion with lunch on a little island in middle of coral reef, then do Belize.

Just my 2 cents.

robin

Thank you so very much! This was exactly the type of info I was looking for🙌🏼

• Like 1

Also, on the Carnival website, where they have the Shore Excursions, they have a Snorkeling at Rendezvous Island with a short video.  It will show you the island.  Pretty cool.  We are doing that snorkeling excursion in April on our cruise (DH is having surgery next month so out of diving for a few months).  

• Like 1