Where have you stayed in Miami and how was it? (honestly)

spammie

Hi. I'm trying to decide where to stay for our (1) night stay pre-cruise. I would actually appreciate first hand accounts of the various hotels listed. We don't want to spend a fortune for 1 night but we would like to get a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed and clean room. thank you.

We have stayed at Intercontinental near the airport which was fine. Staying near the airport is convenient if you have to drop off a rental car and get shuttled to the pier. The downtown Hyatt was also a great stay.

Harry

In Dec. 2004 we flew into Miami and booked AIRPORT Holiday Inn specifically because they provided transport between a/p and port of Miami. However, there wasn't really a safe place to walk ( a chicken restaurant was about a block a way - and that's as far as we felt safe walking). The hotel had mostly Latinos working there and I don't speak spanish so we had a bit of a communication problem - however it worked out well: they picked us up at the a/p and delivered us to the pier the next day by 10:00 A.M. (I thought that was early - but the driver assured us it was just "right"....and he was correct.)

In December 2005 we flew into FLL for a cruise out of Miami and booked Larry's Limo to bring us down to Miami Holiday Inn (Biscayne Bay, I think). That worked best for us as the Marketplace was directly across the street from the hotel and was wonderful for number of eating places, and was on the water. I'd do this again in a heart beat - wasn't that much more expensive than the Holiday Inn located at the Miami Airport - and much nicer - safer to walk to interesting places. In future, we'll again fly into FLL (cheaper), take Larry's Limo ($55-60 for 2) and stay at the Holiday Inn across from the Bayside Marketplace - great place. The day of cruise, it was a $6.00 cab ride across the bridge and out to the cruise terminal.

Well in Dec we flew into FLL and stayed in Miami post Cruise at the Holiday Inn, across from Bayside and we hated it..our room was gross hairs in the bath and the bedding was gross, my poor son had to sleep on the pull out sofa bed it was nasty, and the mold smell and the dirt on the windows was terrible..

We did call down to the desk they sent a girl up who picked the hair out the tub and floor of the bath and said they didn't have any clean sheets for the sofa bed so she threw a blanket over the gross sheets and blanket

and for the mold and dirty windows she said they can bleach them for us, but then the room would smell really bad w/bleach.

I will say we are not picky people at all..we make do, bu this room was nasty, we were on the 8th floor facing Bayside...clean and safe is all we ask..we didn't get clean thats for sure...

We paid 140.00 usa funds for this Hotel so would pick another Hotel if we ever had to come back to Miami...as it wasn't worth it for that price for what we got...

Good Luck

I'd have to second harry0 on the downtown Hyatt!

In all of the hotels we've stayed in I would have to rate the bed and the linens found at the Hyatt in Miami at the top of the list. The room itself was very spacious and decorated very nicely. The staff treated us very well also.

As I recall there is a draw bridge right next to the hotel and when it opens...BELLS AND WHISLES GO OFF.lol

So if you do chose this hotel, be sure to get a room away from that noise!

Good luck in your decision!

I'd have to second harry0 on the downtown Hyatt!

In all of the hotels we've stayed in I would have to rate the bed and the linens found at the Hyatt in Miami at the top of the list. The room itself was very spacious and decorated very nicely. The staff treated us very well also.

As I recall there is a draw bridge right next to the hotel and when it opens...BELLS AND WHISLES GO OFF.lol

So if you do chose this hotel, be sure to get a room away from that noise!

Good luck in your decision!

Stayed in the Hyatt on 1/6/06, and have to agree it was worth the extra money. The drawbridge also tends to emit a loud BOOM whenever trucks or busses go over it, so the side away from the bay is probably a lot quieter. We had bayside, and the view was good. We were higher up, so the noise from the bridge was not enough to keep us from getting a good night's sleep.

Best yet, it was only a short walk to the Bayside Marketplace ... even though we were too tired to get over that way!

The Hyatt-1993:D . It was fine then and I guess from above posts, it is still good. Last year we stayed at the Radisson downtown, it was fine and we are staying there again in April. This is an expensive time of year for hotels. Our Radisson stay this year is 40% more than last year and the timing is about the same-beginning of March last year, beginning of April this year.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn right accross the street from the port entrance in Feb. of 2005. It was about 130.00 bucks and was fine. Had a fridge, microwave, 2 double beds, w/ couch and two chairs. For the three of us, pre-cruise it was fine. Bathroom was clean and so was the Hotel. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. It wasn't that much to take a cab to the port either. So, check your options, but this place was fine by us.

We have stayed at the Hyatt before for a one night pre cruise and thought it was very good. We went to the Bayside Market which was close.

Now we are planning a 2 night pre cruise to Miami and are trying to decide if we will stay at the Hyatt again. While it was good for a one night stay, I am wondering what there is do close by for 2 days? Suggestions?

the alternative is to stay in South Beach which we visited last time and thought was a fun place with excellent restaurants. However, the prices for hotels in South Beach is much higher than Downtown.

Your thoughts?

We have stayed at the Hyatt before for a one night pre cruise and thought it was very good. We went to the Bayside Market which was close.

Now we are planning a 2 night pre cruise to Miami and are trying to decide if we will stay at the Hyatt again. While it was good for a one night stay, I am wondering what there is do close by for 2 days? Suggestions?

the alternative is to stay in South Beach which we visited last time and thought was a fun place with excellent restaurants. However, the prices for hotels in South Beach is much higher than Downtown.

Your thoughts?

Stay downtown and take a cab to South Beach. It isn't that far.

Stay downtown and take a cab to South Beach. It isn't that far.

I am wondering if the cost of the cab return would work out more than a hotel in South Beach. What do you think?

For my previous 2 cruises I've stayed at:

Sleep Inn Miami Airport - I thought it was a nice clean comfortable room..free shuttle from airport and Port shuttle was 8 bucks a piece

Days Inn Airport North - This one gets alot of bad reviews, but I had no problems with it..A Hilton it ain't..but they had free transportation to the port and airport

Upcoming: Baymont Inn. Free shuttle to Port and airport. I hear mixed reviews, but the latest one I've read mentioned it was remodeled and nice. Plus they have a hot breakfast in the morning. I'll be sure to update as I'll be there this coming Saturday night

Archived