ETickets show Fantastica drink vouchers for March 30 sailing

lambs2

50 minutes ago, Cruisekitty1977 said:

Thanks! Just did my e-tickets for my April 20th cruise and it was on the e-tickets as well. Anyone that is cruising the first and 2nd week of April, I will be very curious to see if they honor this! *fingers crossed*

Ditto 🤞

1 hour ago, XLVIII said:

We've already got our e-tickets for our mid-May Northern Europe cruise and it shows drink tickets. We'll see!1399830660_ScreenShot2019-03-10at1_30_51PM.thumb.png.21bad52d9c89da6ffceb203fa13c466e.png

What ship are you sailing?  We are booked in an inside Fantastica on the Preziosa next September out of Rotterdam, but we were upgraded to a Bella balcony.  My understanding is you keep the experience you originally booked if you are upgraded.  So, fingers crossed we get the 12 vouchers.  This cruise is way too port extensive to buy a drink package.  We have not paid in full yet, so I can't print out my e-tickets.  I'm really hoping they just keep the vouchers all together.  It really is a nice perk, especially if both people in a room are not heavy drinkers.  I would even be happy if they brought back the beer package they had a few months ago.  I think it was 10 beer vouchers for $40 or something like that.  They disappeared when the Drinks on Us went away.

We're sailing the Preziosa out of Southampton - 7 day Northern Europe. Our cruise is also too port intensive for a drink package. I'd love it if they brought back the beer voucher package or the wine package (7 bottles for $160).

We were on Seaside last week and drink vouchers were on my paperwork in addition to Drinks on Us. I wanted the vouchers since Drinks on Us is limited. I asked the steward after not receiving when paperwork delivered. He called his supervisor and told us loaded on card. I tried to use it the next day....nothing loaded, down to guess services with my paperwork, short time later vouchers in hand. First few days were trial and error on how, when and what they could be used for...gelato, yum, hot chocolate at the chocolate bar double yum, martini no too pricey, husbands hard cider yes, but best of all daily drink specials priced below the limit and allowed me to get the frozen frosty drinks I love and try some new ones! I will say without the knowledge of cruise critic....we would have received nothing...plus a wee bit of follow up. In reality saved a couple bucks off my final tab.

1 hour ago, tobyt said:

We were on Seaside last week and drink vouchers were on my paperwork in addition to Drinks on Us. I wanted the vouchers since Drinks on Us is limited. I asked the steward after not receiving when paperwork delivered. He called his supervisor and told us loaded on card. I tried to use it the next day....nothing loaded, down to guess services with my paperwork, short time later vouchers in hand. First few days were trial and error on how, when and what they could be used for...gelato, yum, hot chocolate at the chocolate bar double yum, martini no too pricey, husbands hard cider yes, but best of all daily drink specials priced below the limit and allowed me to get the frozen frosty drinks I love and try some new ones! I will say without the knowledge of cruise critic....we would have received nothing...plus a wee bit of follow up. In reality saved a couple bucks off my final tab.

I think the vouchers have the same restrictions as classic does now.

I printed my March 30 Seaside tickets today and it shows the “Fantastica Drink Package” and references the vouchers in the fine print under “02. Your Cruise - What’s Included” with an asterisk but it also shows the Easy package on a separate page under “03. Your Purchased Services”. Did you see any of that that listed? I supposedly booked with the “All In” package. 

Our tickets had both drinks on us and the vouchers listed. I needed that sheet at guest services to get the vouchers. 12 each and figuring an average of 8.00 a couple of hundred off the final bill when in my mind I had already paid for it in our package...there was no argument on getting at service I should mention just a need to show the paperwork. Service was professional and polite and in just a few moments we were set.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tobyt said:

Our tickets had both drinks on us and the vouchers listed. I needed that sheet at guest services to get the vouchers. 12 each and figuring an average of 8.00 a couple of hundred off the final bill when in my mind I had already paid for it in our package...there was no argument on getting at service I should mention just a need to show the paperwork. Service was professional and polite and in just a few moments we were set.

Fingers crossed for our March 30 embarkation in Dubai on Splendida! (Just over a week now!!!!) We have all the paperwork ready and will be as sweet and nice as apple pie! ☺️🤞

We just got off the Meraviglia this morning (March 17th-24th) and it seemed they were definitely phasing out the vouchers. They gave them to us at check in ( my husband my two teenage children) but the bartenders did not want to take them. Also, things we could get in the beginning of the week (Jameson mojito for 8.95, Red Bull, speciality coffee drinks, etc) they were saying no to later in the week. It changed  daily what the vouchers included. My son called the vouchers “monopoly money” and gave up on day 3 because he couldn’t get a drink with it. My husband and I a few times went to the bars with the kids so the bartender would acknowledge them. We almost always tipped at least a euro at that seemed to always help with service and what was included.

38 minutes ago, FlaMommy75 said:

My husband and I a few times went to the bars with the kids so the bartender would acknowledge them. We almost always tipped at least a euro at that seemed to always help with service and what was included.

Good to know about the extra tipping! We booked this cruise far in advance, and at the suggestion of our MSC booking agent paid more to move to a Fantastica Balcony cabin from a perfecty acceptable (and higher floor))! Bella cabin PRIMARILY tp get the vouchers since no other drink package made sense to us as we are light drinkers and there was no other drink promo at that time.  We will know this coming Friday if that was a good decision or not...

• 1 month later...

Have been away for more than two months, but promised to report back about our use of Fantastica drink vouchers on our 28 day MSC Splendida sailing, March30 - April 27.  We had received an emphatic NO about receiving them  after contacting MSC customer service prior to our cruise and had even been given some small onboard credit for the "inconvednience".. However, we had the Fantastica benefits clearly stated on our booking paperwork in several different places. I printed them all up and took them along with us to our embarkation port in Dubai. Once onboard my very patient and super diplomatic husband went to plead our case at Splendida guest services. It took three very patient, insistent tries, but he came back to our cabin with our two books of drink vouchers!!!  No problem whatsoever using them at any of the onboard bars, either, although $8. was definitely the spending limit. Since we were not expecting to receive this benefit, it only helped enhance a truly wondeful sailing!