Ballet in St. Petersburg

Aloha!!

We leave for our Baltic cruise in Mid may and are VERY excited! 

I am starting to look at tours, etc and are considering adding a ballet for the first evening in St. Petersburg.

Has anyone done this and what was your experience?

We intend to take the 2-day grand tour with Alla (still looking for other participants to form a small group of 6-8) and I'm wondering how much time is given between the end of the day at the grand tour and the ballet.  

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 12:17 PM, milokama said:

Aloha!!

I am starting to look at tours, etc and are considering adding a ballet for the first evening in St. Petersburg.

We intend to take the 2-day grand tour with Alla (still looking for other participants to form a small group of 6-8) and I'm wondering how much time is given between the end of the day at the grand tour and the ballet.  

Thanks!

Depends on when your ballet performance begins. If it is the earlier start, there simply is not enough time to return to the ship (regardless of with whom you book). Most ships dock at the Marine Facade located on the Gulf of Finland on Vasilyevsky Island - traffic from here to the city center is chaotic at best - there simply is not time to travel to/from this location from the city center. So, with this scenario, you would probably have about 90 minutes between the end of your tour and the beginning of your ballet performance.

If your performance starts later, you would have time to return to the ship. I would check with Alla Tours to get the correct timing.

FWIW - Alla books only authentic Russian ballet - in May you will not have a summer replacement.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:17 PM, milokama said:

Aloha!!

Thanks!

Depends on when your ballet performance begins. If it is the earlier start, there simply is not enough time to return to the ship (regardless of with whom you book). Most ships dock at the Marine Facade located on the Gulf of Finland on Vasilyevsky Island - traffic from here to the city center is chaotic at best - there simply is not time to travel to/from this location from the city center. So, with this scenario, you would probably have about 90 minutes between the end of your tour and the beginning of your ballet performance.

If your performance starts later, you would have time to return to the ship. I would check with Alla to get the correct timing.

FWIW - Alla books only authentic Russian ballet - in May you will not have a summer replacement.