Teens and Sail and sign cards

Diane5583

This will be my kids first cruise and i haven't cruised since 1999....  I'm a little worried about my kids 14 & 15 running up the bill on their sail and sign cards.  I got them the bubbles package and I swear when I booked the cruise I put $50 on each of their cards but as I review everything I dont see that reflected anywhere.  Can they just run around buying anything they want with their cards?  I want to give them freedom to hangout without me but not sure I trust at least one off my not to run up a $10000 bill......

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong and things have changed but... I haven't sailed in 9 years. The last time I was well versed in the ins and outs you could turn off or on any of the cards to the cabin (except guest 1 on reservation) OR place a limit on any of the cards (except guest 1). All you have to do is contact the desk once onboard (may be able to do before boarding as well) I would imagine something like this hasn't changed so no need to worry about a 2nd and 3rd mortgage when you return LOL

• Like 1

Normally most people will add kids to an adult's cruise account (every passenger must be attached to an account), so any charges will just appear on the overall account under the appropriate name.  When you do online check-in prior to the cruise, you can choose which cards have charging privileges.  Once on board, you can set a spending limit for each card, either at Guest Services or at the Sail&Sign automated machine.  From memory, I don't think you can set limits during online check-in, but this might have changed.  Hope this helps, have a great cruise! 

I just completed online check in and attached my two kids (11 and 14) to the same credit card, but put a '0' spending limit on them.  It appears to have accepted the zero in the spending limit space. 

When I checked in for our cruise coming up in a few weeks when setting up the account for kids it allowed you to set spending limits.  It was either no limit or you can enter in any dollar amount including $0.  I just tested it and it allowed me to save $0 to one of the kids if I wanted that amount.

Ok, so that is what I did.  I did not put $50 on each card I set a limit of $50 on each card.  Thank you so much!  I must have just remembered it wrong.  I feel better now.  No expensive Cologne and new designer shoes will end up on my son.  My son sees stores selling high end designer brands and loses all sense of reason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diane5583 said:

Ok, so that is what I did.  I did not put $50 on each card I set a limit of $50 on each card.  Thank you so much!  I must have just remembered it wrong.  I feel better now.  No expensive Cologne and new designer shoes will end up on my son.  My son sees stores selling high end designer brands and loses all sense of reason.

I have the sweet tooth 9 year old, that if she was with her sister and not me I am afraid of how much candy she would buy 🙂

When I did online check in, I was able to set a daily limit on my son's Sail and Sign account while leaving it unlimited for myself and my husband.  I just went back and looked at it again and it's showing up in my cruise manager.

23 minutes ago, MoxieDoll66 said:

When I did online check in, I was able to set a daily limit on my son's Sail and Sign account while leaving it unlimited for myself and my husband.  I just went back and looked at it again and it's showing up in my cruise manager.

Where is it in your cruise manager.  I havent seen anything there about spending limits