Haven worth it for someone with vision and mobility issues?

Good afternoon, thank you all for your assistance! We are looking at where we should go next year and one of the big determinations revolves around my dad's health. He is a relatively healthy 65 year old... except that he has severe vision issues (not blind but not far from it) and he has trouble walking due to a bad knee/hip on one side. His concern is that we do not spend enough time as a family when we go on vacations so we were considering 2 2-bedroom rooms in the Haven side by side. I understand that there is a private pool, bar, and access to the Spa all right there.

Am I missing anything? I would like to make sure this is an awesome experience for him.

Thanks!!

Which ship? There is a hot tub in the private pool area, but the Thermal Spa is usually at the other end of the ship.

I have mobility issues myself and I loved the Haven. They have ADA rooms that open with a swipe of the room key. Very convenient! So are the grab bars in the bathroom. 

We loved the Haven Restaurant, and that is right there!

The bar and pool are small, but quite nice. The whole experience was terrific.

Without a doubt. The larger ships (Breakaway, Getaway and Bliss) all Feb. Caribbean cruises have the Haven Restaurant with inside and outside seating, and of course the courtyard with a lot of seating. We were on the Escape this Feb. there were numerous scooters and walkers, so I wouldn't worry about those concerns.....Have a wonderful cruise.

I'm also disabled with mobility issues and it will really depend upon the degree of mobility issues your dad has.  I can't do the Haven in any other cabin than the accessible cabin (H5.)  I have toured the non-accessible Haven rooms because I've considered bringing additional family members on future cruises, and with my disability (rheumatoid arthritis) I couldn't do it (specifically because of the bathroom configuration.)  I also have a mobility scooter and it won't fit in the door of the 2-bedroom.  If your dad manages well at home without any assistance (grab bars, higher toilet set, etc.), he'd probably be fine.  The Haven overall would be great for his in terms of his vision issues since it's much less crowded! 🙂

The large ships can be very hectic, and areas around the pool and some of the restaurants can be difficult to navigate.  The Haven is calm, there aren't as many people all trying to do the same thing at the same time.  I don't have mobility or sight limitations, but I would think it would be great for him.  It sort of becomes it's own little community

• Like 1