fly cruise information please ?

ZZRLAD

going on our first fly cruise in a couple of weeks time. So after some information please

for anyone who has flown from Glasgow to Dubai, are you met at the airport (if so where are you met ?) and then taken direct to the ship or do you have to make arrangements by calling P&O direct before the flight ?

thanks

Graham

We're flying from Gatwick but I'm guessing we've got similar info about transfers which is a little ambiguous isn't it?

i did ask them about this when I paid the balance and they said we'd be met and didn't have to call, but I guess it's worth double checking about your own arrangements, I was planning to give them a call a few days before we fly just to confirm.

16 minutes ago, zoe sproodle said:

We're flying from Gatwick but I'm guessing we've got similar info about transfers which is a little ambiguous isn't it?

i did ask them about this when I paid the balance and they said we'd be met and didn't have to call, but I guess it's worth double checking about your own arrangements, I was planning to give them a call a few days before we fly just to confirm.

Hi Zoe

yes think that would be the best thing to do. As you say their wording is a bit ambiguous to say the least. 

Thanks 

Just read this section on the cruise personaliser - if your on a P&O organised flight you would be met the other end and put onto the transfer bus. If you are making your own way you wont be met. the detail is under flights in your booking - mine was for caribbean thou... so worth checking your own page.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lebreos said:

Just read this section on the cruise personaliser - if your on a P&O organised flight you would be met the other end and put onto the transfer bus. If you are making your own way you wont be met. the detail is under flights in your booking - mine was for caribbean thou... so worth checking your own page.

just checked my cruise personaliser and it makes no reference to how we get to the ship from the airport.

However, the holiday itinerary does. Its a scheduled flight but organised by P&O. So I would have thought they are aware as to which flight we will be on since they have booked it. The following information is now there which is much more informative.

GROUP TRANSFER AIRPORT TO PORT 
ON ARRIVAL AT DUBAI AIRPORT YOU WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THE ARRIVALS SIGNAGE TO PASSPORT CONTROL. CONTINUE ON TO COLLECT YOUR LUGGAGE, BEFORE MAKING YOUR WAY THROUGH CUSTOMS; AFTER WHICH P&O CRUISES REPRESENTATIVES WILL MEET YOU AND GUIDE YOU TO THE VEHICLES FOR YOUR TRANSFER TO YOUR SHIP. (DUE TO SECURITY RESTRICTIONS, OUR REPRESENTATIVES ARE UNABLE TO MEET YOU AT THE ARRIVAL GATE.) SHOULD YOU REQUIRE ANY ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR TRANSFER, PLEASE CONTACT OUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVES ON 00971 56 418 3651.