Site for the RCCL Tuesday promotions?

Alexis

Alexis... where in the Finger Lakes?

I worked for a while at NCR in Ithaca, then lived in Spencer, NY (a dry town!!! go figure!)

Ithaca is at the very bottom of Cayuga Lake. That is one of the famous New York Finger Lakes. I am at the top, and to the west, of Cayuga Lake in Waterloo, NY. We came from Long Island, NY. Left there in 1995 to retire, lived 10 years in Nevada, came back here in April.

LOL because I never realized that NY would have a dry town. We are now living in the great wine region of NY State.

Ithaca is at the very bottom of Cayuga Lake. That is one of the famous New York Finger Lakes. I am at the top, and to the west, of Cayuga Lake in Waterloo, NY. We came from Long Island, NY. Left there in 1995 to retire, lived 10 years in Nevada, came back here in April.

LOL because I never realized that NY would have a dry town. We are now living in the great wine region of NY State.

We always get some NYS wine when we're back there. The Cayuga lake wine trail was always a blast. We particularly liked Knapp winery. Maybe the NYS wine would be good choices for bringing on ship, because you can be sure it's one of those "not available" on the ship.

We have been through Waterloo many times.

We live in Indianapolis now and don't miss those CNY winters at all. But we do miss Finger Lakes, Adirondacks, and the Alexandra Bay day trips. With all of the State parks Upstate New York was truly "Gods Country" even before you mention Niagara Falls (another beautiful day trip).

Bad part about Central New York (and Indy) is it's hard to get to cruise ports cheap! It'd be nice for you if they came into Alex Bay.

Point of interest...Monarch sailing 3/3 on RCI website int=279 ov=329 on the promowave the prices are the same. On the happy hour pricing int=249 and ov=299. Remember the happy hour pricing is for a very limited time, usually just the day specified. I don't have time to do more research but I would guess that the happy hour pricing is typically lower. Anyone else know?

We always get some NYS wine when we're back there. The Cayuga lake wine trail was always a blast. We particularly liked Knapp winery. Maybe the NYS wine would be good choices for bringing on ship, because you can be sure it's one of those "not available" on the ship.

I will agree that spring, summer and fall are beautiful here. That's it. :(

You will be pleased to hear that NY State has finally passed a law allowing the wineries to ship their wine/products out of state now. That was a major money loser for the wineries and really hurt their business when out of state people came, tasted, liked it and could not order more from NY..

Now they can.;)

I thought you might be interested in this wine for taking on a cruise. It won the top award several months ago for NY.

It beat out 670 wines, made by 90 wineries and won the Governor's Cup silver chalice.

A $30 ice wine is New Yorks best.

2004 Fiori delle Stelle, a vidal-grape wine from the Casa Larga Vineyards in the Finger Lakes wine region, in Fairport, NY.

I do not think RCCL will have this one on board. ;)

Archived