I tried, no luck, soooo...

WaldosPepper

OK, I just tried the search four times - each time got the white screen of death. So, I'll post a redundant question in hopes that someone can post an answer.

What is the cost of a cab from Newark Int. Airport to the Pier?

Sorry for redundancy:o , thanks in advance for any answers! :D

Actually, I need to amend this question. I'm really looking to figure out the fare from Tonnelle Ave in North Bergen, to the pier.

I've searched ever NYC cab website I could locate, as well as several other links. All info I found didn't seem to allow me to calculate unless it's from one major area to another.

Thus, I'm in need of some experienced folks to help me figure out how much (roughly) the fare would be. Google Earth lists the distance from Point A to Point B as 6.5 miles, and I understand that there will be a toll for the tunnel. Just trying to calculate what the total cost might be.

Anyone??? :confused:

Actually, I need to amend this question. I'm really looking to figure out the fare from Tonnelle Ave in North Bergen, to the pier.

I've searched ever NYC cab website I could locate, as well as several other links. All info I found didn't seem to allow me to calculate unless it's from one major area to another.

Thus, I'm in need of some experienced folks to help me figure out how much (roughly) the fare would be. Google Earth lists the distance from Point A to Point B as 6.5 miles, and I understand that there will be a toll for the tunnel. Just trying to calculate what the total cost might be.

Here are the taxi rates:

TAXI RATES:

$2.50 just for getting in

$.40 for each 1/4 mile

$.40 for each 30 seconds stopped in traffic

$.50 additional night charge

Plus, tip in the range of 15-20 percent.

That should give you a rough idea

You might do better to call a car service. Years ago it was 25.00 from Jersey City to Newark airport. The distance you are going is shorter but there is the tunnel involved. You can look-up the yellow pages for a car service in Hudson County (NJ) and ask them what the fair is to the ship.

Are your cruising out of NYC or Bayonne? Big difference in prices. Since you are talking about tunnel tolls, I figure you must mean NYC. Plan on about $45-60.00 from Tonnelle Ave. in North Bergen. Airport fare + $10.00 or so from Tonnelle Ave. + toll and tip. It is cheaper from the airport, even though it is really more miles.

Here is information from the New Jersey Airport site.

Taking a taxi from Newark Liberty Airport is more complicated because you are traveling from New Jersey to New York. If you take a taxi from Terminal A, you will be served by City of Elizabeth Taxi and Limousine Commission, 908/820-4178. From Terminal B and C you will be served by City of Newark Taxi and Limousine Commission, 973/733-8912. Expect the fare to be from $34-$55 plus tolls and tip to midtown Manhattan. There is a $1 charge for each piece of luggage over 24 inches (60cm); 40-50 minutes to midtown Manhattan

Archived