Sun inside rooms

CantSwim92

Hello everyone long time lurker here.

I am thinking about booking a 3 day cruise on the sun out of port canaveral.

As far as the rooms will be booking an inside looks like we will go with 9th floor which is sandwiched between 2 room decks.

As far as the variety of inside rooms I would like some recommendations of standard inside vs mid ship inside vs family inside. Is the Square footage gained in the family insides worth it for 2 people?

Thank you.

We were in a 1B category cabin in August. It was not a sideways, but was comfy and plenty of room for two people on a three day cruise. Are all bathrooms (which was the only part of our cabin that was just mheh) the same regardless of being Family, etc?  If so, for the length of the cruise and the number of guests in the cabin, I wouldn’t put too much $ into an upgrade. Enjoy your cruise!

• 2 months later...
On 3/5/2019 at 8:42 PM, bostongal965 said:

Bathrooms are pretty much the same until you get to a mini-suite category.

This may seem like a silly question, but do you know if the cabins have "real" hairdryers or are they still the old ones that are attached to the wall and look like a vacuum cleaner? 

thanks!

3 hours ago, lyneee said:

This may seem like a silly question, but do you know if the cabins have "real" hairdryers or are they still the old ones that are attached to the wall and look like a vacuum cleaner? 

thanks!

Old ones on the wall.  Mini suites and above have the normal hair dryers.

We stayed in 8303 (now called a family inside) years ago and found the extra space made it not feel so claustrophobic. There was lots of open space between the doorway and the end of the bed. There was also an extra storage cubby. It appears that there are similarly sized cabins on Deck 9 directly above where we stayed.

If there is little or no price difference between one of these family insides and a sideways inside, I’d pick the family...and we always pick a sideways if we are sailing inside. 

Hope you enjoy Sun, it’s still my favorite Norwegian ship. 

13 hours ago, Love my butler said:

Unless you get a handicapped room or a sideways room, all insides on all decks are pretty much all the same.

Disagree.  The forward facing insides I mentioned are significantly larger on Sun.