dress code and first ime cruise questions

crashnburn

i've just booked my first cruise (ever) on the legend out of new york and had a few questions. i work a night schedule so i'm not sure how much dining i'll be doing in the main dining room so will i need to pack suits if i do not plan on attending. (i hope they still fit). also is casual wear (like polo shirt/pants and shoes) and beachwear appropriate for most other events? i'll probably pack a few dress shirts for the clubs also. my main goal is a relaxinf vacation but i don't want to stand out too much as a slob. it was easier when i went to hedonism and everyone else ran around nekid. )

i booked room 5270 extended balcony on aft of the ship. figured for my first trip may as well go in style.

RUTROW!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

To answer your question a suit and tie is fine for dining room on formal night(s). Slacks and polo shirts will work for the other nights in the dining room as in the various clubs. Save the beach wear and shorts for the Lido deck. Now stand by for some very interesting answers. icon_wink.gif

trink26.gif

USS RUSHMORE LSD14(MANYTIMES)

TRIUMPH 10/03

1264.gif

SAINTS AND SINNERS IN

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=a0522d&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crashnburn:

i'm not sure how much dining i'll be doing in the main dining room so will i need to pack suits if i do not plan on attending.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you don't plan on going to the dining room for formal night, you definitely don't need to take your suit.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

i plan on doing most of my dining on the lido deck. if i do decide to attend a formal night i will make sure i dress for the occasion. i would't want to be the slob everyone refers to on their trip. is the captain's dinner worth attending? are there any other special events that a first time cruiser should not miss? (besides the safety drill?)

I think a first-timer should go to everything! That way the next time you know what you like and don't like. The bottom line is there is so much to do that you can decide what to participate in. So no worries - take it as you go and have a great time!

Striped_fish.gif

"Semper Gumby" - Always Flexible

12/01 - Victory (Victory Review)

2/04 - Fascination (Fascination Review)

It's a Miracle! Cruising on the Miracle 12/12/04!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;12;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Welcome to the Board

just as the others stated if you don't plan to attend formal night then no suit no problem. If you do then a dark suit would be fine.

Would you like to try a virtual tour of the Legend?

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/847932/indexships-frame.htm

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/galleryships.htm

Try the boards often you'll find alot of help to any of your questions.

Congratulations on your first cruise! You're going to love that balcony!

It looks like you've been following the boards and have a good idea of what to wear. You'll be fine! Enjoy! icon_smile.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

icon_smile.gifNo worries! You'll be fine. Your going to see people wearing all kinds of things....from jeans to tuxs. At least go to the Captain's Gala...I think that you'll enjoy that. A suit and tie will be just fine.

~gina~ icon_smile.gif

11/20 Ecstasy cruise countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived