Here are my photos of Costa Maya & Legend of the Seas 1.7.06

cruisegirl29

HI,

If anyone is interested in seeing some photos of Costa Maya & our Legend of the Seas cruise you can click on the link below. Just FYI-this was our 2nd time to Costa Maya. We went to Mahaual last time but it was little rainey this time so we opted to stay at the Cruise Port. So these photos feature the Port of Costa Maya.

http://cruisegirl29.shutterfly.com/action/

You have to enter the password: bella3

Sue

Sue

Great Pictures... Thanks for sharing them.

We are going on the Glory next week

Costa Maya, Belize..

Really enjoyed them THANKS

I see your from Livonia! A couple of yrs ago we meet some cruisecritic.com people from your area on the Carnival Spirit! Had a blast too!

We live in Grand Haven just west of Grand Rapids on Lake Michigan. Ever been here?

Sue

Thanks for sharing the photos. May I ask where the Grapeseed Bar is in GC? I'm not familiar with it.

Am I seeing things, or did 4 of you share an inside cabin? Royal Caribbean's cabins are notoriously small. Did you feel claustrophobic? How did it work out?

May I ask where the Grapeseed Bar is in GC? I'm not familiar with it.

Am I seeing things, or did 4 of you share an inside cabin? Royal Caribbean's cabins are notoriously small. Did you feel claustrophobic? How did it work out?

Sea Grape is located on 7 mile beach. Between the public beach & the marriott courtyard (I think) but it's right next to the Public beach! Loved it!

RCCL's cabins are small. My DH, 2 Two DD's & I all shared a quad room. The bunk beds were great! More comfy then the lower beds! Better matteras. We had plenty of closet space & I brought small (kid) size hangers to hang there clothes up so that helped alot! You never had enough hangers & with them along I knew I'd need kid size too! This cabin worked out just fine for us & it wasn't claustrophobic at all!

Sue

The Sea grape beach looks amazing - is there a charge to use that beach - or is it part of a public beach?....and how far is it from where you tender in? (walking distance or cab ride?)

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie

The Sea grape beach looks amazing - is there a charge to use that beach - or is it part of a public beach?....and how far is it from where you tender in? (walking distance or cab ride?)

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie

Hi Froufie-

Sea Grape is wonderful. It is located next to the public beach. There is no fee to use any of the beach on 7 mile. When you get off the tender proceed to the left-you'll see many taxi vans sitting there waiting to load people up to go to the beach. It's 5.00/pp one way. They do wait to leave until every seat if full so it may take a few min. Tell them you want to go to Sea Grape beach & if they try to get you to get off at Royal Palms or Coloney Beach Club tell them no you want to go to Sea Grape. I think they get a commission on referrals! Coloney charges a fee like 10.00 & they say you have to pay it but it includes a chair. Don't do it. You'll be happy you went to sea grape. It's free unless you want a chair then you can pay for it. Also keep in mind it's expensive to eat in GC. I did pack a few snacks from home! Also you could walk it-it's around 3 miles to Coloney Beach & then probably 4/5 to Sea Grape-I may be overestimating it a bit but you could try to walk it. I think you can walk along the waters edge too at some point.

Sue

Sue:

Your photos are very nice and thanks for sharing. You little girls are precious! Great photos of the pool and p ier area at Costa Maya. My question is are the tiki huts that you see on the beach (man made) available for anyone - assumed you would have to rent them? Is the pool area really crowded? It appears from your photos that there were not a lot of people in the pool area, more around in the shops, etc. Are there places for shade with chairs?? The tiki huts look wonderful but see there are only a few of them...assumed they would be gone very quickly. The area right at the pier seems very nice and the pool wonderful but just wondered if it was so packed that you couldn't have your own space. How does it work with food, drinks, etc., at the pier? Assume you charge it to your ship account or is it not part of the cruise line? Are there a couple of places to eat?

Thanks!

Archived