Breakaway July 4th Week-Anyone been in the past? Packed?

nt13

We are considering sailing on the Breakaway the week of July 4th from Miami to the Western Caribbean. 

Has anyone been on a July 4th sailing? Is this a week that the ship is likely to be at capacity like ships can be over Christmas or Thanksgiving or Spring Break?  Might we expect the Splash Academy to be at capacity and kids turned away at times?  I am nervous it will be unbearably crowded to cruise that week. 

I realize it is a holiday week, but also have heard people stick to local beaches at that time of year.  We were on the Getaway a couple of years ago in the summer for a Baltic cruise and loved it, but I imagine that cruise had far fewer children so even though it was close to full it was a different experience.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I did the Getaway last year same itinerary.  Only bad part was getting off ship at ports because 4000 people out one door.  Funny enough I am doing the Breakaway this year for 4th of July.  It was a fun cruise.

Thanks so much! Maybe I’ll see you onboard!  Any sense of if it was full capacity and/or info on whether kids club turned kids away?

By the standard definition of 2 passengers per cabin, most cruises sail at or close to capacity.  By that definition, summer and holiday cruises cruise at greater than 100% capacity because of cabins with additional passengers.  On the Breakaway, it means that the ship may sail with 10 to 20 percent more passengers than the stated 3963 capacity.  That will make the ship seem to be very crowded.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davy jones said:

By the standard definition of 2 passengers per cabin, most cruises sail at or close to capacity.  By that definition, summer and holiday cruises cruise at greater than 100% capacity because of cabins with additional passengers.  On the Breakaway, it means that the ship may sail with 10 to 20 percent more passengers than the stated 3963 capacity.  That will make the ship seem to be very crowded.

This isnt true.  Capacity is based on lifeboat stations.  That is why some rooms will be empty if lots of rooms have 3 or 4 guests in a section.

• Like 1