Strawberry tours in Havana

victory2020

I've done the food tour with Strawberry tours. It was a very good tour, and I would definitely do it again if given the opportunity. We went to several different restaurants and street food vendors. We paid for the food at each location. Keep in mind that in Cuba, all food items might not be available that day. For example, the pizza place did not have pizza the day we visited. Another location did not have tea. And, so on.

The food I ate was very good. I did not eat at all the stops (I don't care for corn-on-the-cob or coffee). I read somewhere about a person warning others not to eat the ice cream because they became ill. I did eat the ice cream, but I did not eat the cone because it was passed from person-to-person with bare hands. The Cuban sandwich was the best I've ever had.

We also visited a small market. And, our guide answered all of our questions about Cuba. We tipped the guide at the end of the tour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruizin4livin said:

I've done the food tour with Strawberry tours. It was a very good tour, and I would definitely do it again if given the opportunity. We went to several different restaurants and street food vendors. We paid for the food at each location. Keep in mind that in Cuba, all food items might not be available that day. For example, the pizza place did not have pizza the day we visited. Another location did not have tea. And, so on.

The food I ate was very good. I did not eat at all the stops (I don't care for corn-on-the-cob or coffee). I read somewhere about a person warning others not to eat the ice cream because they became ill. I did eat the ice cream, but I did not eat the cone because it was passed from person-to-person with bare hands. The Cuban sandwich was the best I've ever had.

We also visited a small market. And, our guide answered all of our questions about Cuba. We tipped the guide at the end of the tour.

We have this tour booked, can you tell me how much you spent per person on food?  How long did the tour last?  What did you tip your guide per person?

20 hours ago, cruizin4livin said:

Thanks. Were you able to buy things at the market? I understand the tour is around 3 hours?

Yes, the tour was about three hours. We didn't buy anything at the food market. It was small and sold mostly vegetables and a small amount of meat. Doubtful if you would want anything from there. It was interesting though.

I paid about 25 CUCs for the food that I ate. You don't have to buy any food if you don't want to. You can also share with others. The first stop was a restaurant where we got the Cuban sandwiches. It was too much food for me to eat. Although I paid the full amount (can't remember how much),  I gave half my sandwich to the tour guide. Our last stop was another restaurant. I shared the cost with a very nice couple from Canada (I was solo).

I tipped the tour guide 20 CUCs. Others tipped 10 CUCs. You can tip at your discretion. 

3 hours ago, cruizin4livin said:

Yes, the tour was about three hours. We didn't buy anything at the food market. It was small and sold mostly vegetables and

I paid about 25 CUCs for the food that I ate. You don't have to buy any food if you don't want to. You can also share with others. The first stop was a restaurant where we got the Cuban sandwiches. It was too much food for me to eat. Although I paid the full amount (can't remember how much),  I gave half my sandwich to the tour guide. Our last stop was another restaurant. I shared the cost with a very nice couple from Canada (I was solo).

I tipped the tour guide 20 CUCs. Others tipped 10 CUCs. You can tip at your discretion. 

Thank you this gives us a better idea.  Their website said $12 per person for food and I thought that seemed low.