Bringing more wine on board

3 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

You can take multiple bottles of wine on. While you can only take 1 bottle pp when you embark, once you embark the ship, drop your wine off, go back across the street, buy more, go back to the ship, drop your second bottle off, go back across the street, get more, go back tot he ship, drop your third bottle off, etc etc.

We cruised the Fascination on 2/24/19.  This is exactly what we did.   I do want to issue a warning though,  the last time we disembarked we just went to the liquor store inside the terminal.  I wanted a Sangria that I could not find anywhere in OSJ and I thought I would try my luck in this store.  I purchased the Sangria and as we were going through security for the third time the agent actually took my wine out of the bag and checked to make sure it was not hard liquor.  He asked me what was in the bag and I said Sangria and he then asked if he could check.  Just wanted to let any one who was hoping to get some Rum or maybe Gin past security,  that they might check.  We have been numerous times on this itinerary and this is the first time they ever checked our bottles. 

Just asking as a heads up  Is this bringing on a bottle of wine at embarkation only for USA cruises or has it come over to Australian ones yet?   Can anyone give me a link for the permit?

On 3/8/2019 at 12:19 PM, ShakyBeef said:

Please don't do this!!! 

I have personally seen luggage ruined by a smuggler's busted wine bottle.  Those checked suitcases are slammed around during the loading process.  Red wine had seeped out of the smuggler's bag and onto/into innocent fellow travelers' bags as well.  It has also happened with smuggled liquor as well.  This is a selfish, reckless thing to do and to recommend that others do.

We  were  someone  who had    this happen to us because someone smuggled   wine in their  checked luggage.Not  a pleasant  experience...

2 minutes ago, rigramma said:

We  were  someone  who had    this happen to us because someone smuggled   wine in their  checked luggage.Not  a pleasant  experience...

We’ve also received our luggage soaked with wine. Not fun.

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Just asking as a heads up  Is this bringing on a bottle of wine at embarkation only for USA cruises or has it come over to Australian ones yet?   Can anyone give me a link for the permit?

https://help.carnival.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/53/related/1

I'm sorry, it appears, from the Carnival.com.Au FAQ that you cannot bring wine onboard Australian cruises:

Liquor and Beverage Policy

A liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 cartons and/or cans, 600ml each or less.

The following beverage items cannot be brought onboard our ships:

• Plastic or glass bottled drinks (opened or unopened) including water

All excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be available for collection onboard in a designated location on the morning of debarkation.

Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

Large cooler restrictions:
Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 30x30x30cm for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Ports-of-Call:
Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be retained at the gangway, stored on board and held by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Drinking Alcohol On Board:
The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 18 years of age. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop staff are in question that a guest is less than 18 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.
Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone.

Edited by ShakyBeef
spelling

1 hour ago, rigramma said:

1 hour ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

We’ve also received our luggage soaked with wine. Not fun.

This can't be.  You both must be mistaken.  You see, my 'leaking' argument is ridiculous.

Edited by ShakyBeef
punctuation
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Thank you shaky beef  sad but we are again 2nd class citizens in Carnivals eyes

I am sorry that you don't get the same carry-on privilege as passengers boarding in the U.S.  I agree it does not seem fair.

Edited by ShakyBeef
capitalization