Warning! Re: MartiniqueExcursions.com

gme105

We booked a shore excursion through MartiniqueExcursions.com before our February 13, 2019 Holland America cruise and were charged $150 through PayPal.  We did not receive any information on how to meet the tour in Fort de France and it took several attempts to contact them and about two weeks before I finally was able to talk to someone with the company, it then took yet another set of call attempts and another conversation before they followed through and sent us information on meeting the tour.  Two days before we arrived in Martinique, I received an email from them saying one of their vehicles had an accident and they would have to cancel.  The email indicated they had processed a refund.  I have still not received a refund nor have I been able to reach anyone with the company.  The charge is now in dispute on with the credit card issuer.  Enough said.

Followup: Shortly after contacting the credit card issuer, Paypal posted a credit to my account.  The refund may have actually been issued by MartiniqueExcursions.com (also dba. InternationalExcursions.com) at the time the excursion was cancelled and held up by PayPal.  That being said, there is still no excuse for the near complete lack of communication with this provider.  There is no way I would put myself through that again.

• 2 weeks later...