NCL Debarkation in Honolulu

trtllovr

Hello All,

What is the earliest time they allow you to debark the boat in Honolulu on the POAloha? On the Itinerary they say 7am but how likely is that? The reason I ask is i'm trying to schedule a diving trip for that morning and I didn't know what time to tell the dive company i'd be available. Also, do you know if they'll hold our luggage while were on the trip, we'd be around to pick it up at 1:30-2. Thanks!

You can leave as soon as the gangway is down as long as you carry all of your luggage off with you in one trip. There is a place at the pier where you can check your bags for $5 each and leave them up to seven that evening.

If you don't carry your bags off, you must wait until your color is called as your bags won't be available until that time. You must claim your bags and either check them at the pier or take them with you. The ship won't hold them. Most are off by 9:30 to 10:00.

We disembarked from the Pride of Aloha on Jan 15, 2006 and the express walk-off started at 7:30 a.m. The first regular disembarkation was at 7:45 for lavender tags. The luggage tags are available on a table by the front desk the day before disembarkation. You can choose the correct color and number tag for the time you want, but they are supposed to be assigned by deck or itinerary.

As I remember, they were pretty punctual with the times listed. It took almost as long to find the luggage and get to a taxi as any other part of the process.

I would recommend marking the luggage in some way to make them easier to find. We wrapped yellow tape around all the handles. That made picking out the pieces easier in the hundreds and hundreds of suitcases that were in the storage area. All the bags seemed to be the same color.

Archived