Guarantee Room

trustthedj

You can either buy a specific cabin....or choose a "guarantee". In the latter case you choose the minimum category/type you will accept. Carnival [and all cruise lines] will choose your specific cabin...which you may not know until as late as day of embarkation. "Guarantee" cabins may [but probably won't be] upgraded to a better cabin.

In short, if you want to be near something/be in a specific location, buy a specific cabin. If you "just want to be on the ship" [and gamble you might get more than you paid for] choose a "guarantee".

I picka set cabin now because I dont like stressing that booking a guarantee can put me anywhere at all on the ship within the category I booked. If i book an ocean view I will not get an inside cabin. the same if I book a ny balcony-- I wont get an oceanview.

But I could be placed over a disco-- or under a public area.. like a galley.. or on top of the show lounge. Booking a guarantee is not for me.

My first 4 cruises were booked as guarantee and not once did i get upgraded--not even to a higher deck.

SO now I book my set cabin and am happy knowing whats above me- below me and around me.

Yup....like the previous posters all said....one thing I would like to add...when you book a guaranty you can actually have more than one option. If, for example, you are booking an inside cabin you can select a "level" guaranty such as a 4B Gty. This means that you will be placed on nothing lower than the deck where the 4B cabins are. You may also have the opportunity to book what is simply an Inside Gty. This means that you can be on any deck.

It is true....when you book a gty there is a possibility of being "upgraded", however, this does not always happen and when it does it is usually to the same "category" meaning that if you book an inside gty and you get upgraded it will probably be to an inside cabin but on a higher deck of the ship. Every now and then someone books an inside gty and winds up getting upgraded to say an Oceanview cabin but this is not the norm.

Additionally, being on a higher deck is not necessarily better! Gone are the days when lower decks meant lower services on a cruiseship! Many people prefer the lower decks for various reasons.

Personally - I have done both gty's and picked cabins. I will most likely continue to select a cabin when I can as I have learned that I do have preferences at times as to where I am located on the ship and don't want to risk the gty. Although....I did enjoy booking gty's and the surprise of where I would be. Depends on my travel needs I suppose!

It is true....when you book a gty there is a possibility of being "upgraded", however, this does not always happen and when it does it is usually to the same "category" meaning that if you book an inside gty and you get upgraded it will probably be to an inside cabin but on a higher deck of the ship. Every now and then someone books an inside gty and winds up getting upgraded to say an Oceanview cabin but this is not the norm.

I booked a 1A gty January 7th on the Carnival Inspiration sailing on February 13th through travelocity. My first cruise ever and am traveling solo. I called travelocity yesterday and have been upgraded to a 6A oceanview on the Riviera deck a few cabins from the back of the ship. Is this going to be a noisy place on this ship? I'm not complaining mind you but I just wondered if the engines would keep me awake. Thanks! Greg

I cruised on the Pride last March and booked an Inside guarentee (4A). We were upgraded to a 5A, which is a room with an obstructed view. We had doors that opened to the outside, but the life boat was blocking our view. This was actually OK cuz we could still hear the water and we got a nice breeze. We are booked on the Pride again for this March and we did a balcony guar. We have so far been upgraded from an 8A to an 8F. Im excited!!!

Greg- On the Riveria deck there is still a few decks under you before you come to the engine rooms. (crew decks and stuff are beneath you.) having sailed on the Sensation on the aft on the main deck-- you wont hear engines.. You might get a vibration when the ship is docking or coming into port.. Pulling out of port or turning up the speed.

Archived