Water Slides

I did a search and read about jewelry on the water slides, but couldn't find anything about feet, LOL. I'm asking both for Harmony of the Seas and for Coco Cay (yea, I know those slides are not open yet). Do people wear water shoes or do you have to be barefoot or what? May be a stupid question, but I have very little water park experience. If you have to be barefoot, what do you do with any footwear you have on to move around the ship or Coco Cay?

Thanks!

I know the slide rules from splash away bay (so assume other slides too as those ones are pretty tame): no loose items at all (shoes, sunglasses, jewelry, flotation devices, hats, go pros) are allowed down at all, holding or wearing. 

Now, if these rules get enforced is different, it's pretty tedious standing there in the sun watching everyone go down correctly, making sure they come out and then checking for (non obvious) loose items too, and some people have days that they dont really care so will let you get away with it or hold it as you go down....