Private Faberge tour only?

akb5k

Hi- we are in St. Petersburg for 2 days in July. I have tour plans for day 1 (Hermitage and Peterhof) and the afternoon of day 2 (tea and nesting doll painting, I'm traveling with a 7 year old so have to make some sacrifices). I don't want to waste a whole morning waiting on the ship and would like to find an AM tour of the Faberge museum ONLY as obtaining a visa just for doing  this independently seems challenging. Any suggestions? I am not interested in abandoning our plans for a 2 day tour with one of the private companies frequently suggested here, just plans for that morning only. Thanks!

8 hours ago, akb5k said:

Hi- we are in St. Petersburg for 2 days in July. I have tour plans for day 1 (Hermitage and Peterhof) and the afternoon of day 2 (tea and nesting doll painting, I'm traveling with a 7 year old so have to make some sacrifices). I don't want to waste a whole morning waiting on the ship and would like to find an AM tour of the Faberge museum ONLY as obtaining a visa just for doing  this independently seems challenging. Any suggestions? I am not interested in abandoning our plans for a 2 day tour with one of the private companies frequently suggested here, just plans for that morning only. Thanks!

Have you checked TripAdvisor? There are private Faberge Museum tours available through viator - you would have to check regarding the timing (am vs pm).

10 hours ago, akb5k said:

Thanks I couldn't find anything before but there is one now, I'll see what they say!

If you do not have a Russian visa, ensure that this Faberge tour provider has the necessary license to provide visa free tours.

We did a separate Faberge Tour in the evening with Alla Tours. There was only our group in the museum and it was excellent. So glad we did it.

Viatour don’t operate any excursions, they are just a third party reseller. Always best to book direct with the operator.

Best Guides does a Faberge Museum tour: https://www.bestguides-spb.com/tour-faberge.html

I don't know if it's available in the morning, and I can't personally recommend it, although I've had a good experience with them so far (they're helping me put together a personalized package tour).  It might be worth looking into. 

Edited by Strode
clarification

Thank you all! I keep reading great reviews of Alla Tours, so I decided to cancel our ship tour plans and change to a 2-day tour with Alla that includes the Faberge museum instead. I think we will get to see a lot more with them and they seem reliable from the reviews. I'll just buy my 7 year old a nesting doll kit to paint on Amazon, she'll be happy with that and I'll get to see more of St. Peterburg!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akb5k said:

Thank you all! I keep reading great reviews of Alla Tours, so I decided to cancel our ship tour plans and change to a 2-day tour with Alla that includes the Faberge museum instead. I think we will get to see a lot more with them and they seem reliable from the reviews. I'll just buy my 7 year old a nesting doll kit to paint on Amazon, she'll be happy with that and I'll get to see more of St. Peterburg!

Great idea - IMHO, the independent tours provide a superior experience over the cruise ship tours. I have toured with Alla in the past and enjoyed a fabulous experience. Enjoy your cruise.