What's the weather like when you cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale in late Feb (stops in Key West, Cozume

Ocruise

Hi all. I have a question, I have'nt been to Florida during the winter in over a deckade, what's the weather like when you cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale around Feb 20th?

We are thinking of taking RCCL's Jewel of the Sea that week. It goes to Cayman, Costa Maya, Key West & Cozumel. Will it be warm enough to swim in the ocean then?

Will Key West be cold during that time?

I ask this because all our cruises have been in the summer months.

It seems like it will be nice to cruise in Feb. We are from NY & it will be freezing, what a nice change of weather, (I hope +)!

~ Marina

I live in Florida and Feb. is our winter. We have cold, rainy weather in Feb. Maybe once you get away from Florida maybe the weather will be nice.

Becky

http://community.webshots.com/user/bjkeen100

Miracle Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;11;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

May Eastern Caribbean Carnival Cruise 2006

Miracle 2004

Pride 2003

Regent Rainbow

Sensation 2000

Fantasy 1996, 2001

We also live in Florida - about 20 minutes from the port. As Dan said, could be beautiful and 78, or a cold front may have come through and it could be downright chilly, windy, etc. But if you're coming from the north, I guarantee it will be nicer that where' you're coming from and by the time you wake up after sailing, it should be warm.

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;22;13;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

I was on the 3/1 sailing of the Facination leaving Miami...the week before I got there, there was a cold snap and temps were in the 50-60's. When I was there, the temps had gone back up 70s, and 80s by the time we reached Cozumel. At least in Key West the water was a little on the cold side, but not really a problem.

We sailed Cozumel, GC, in Feb 2003 out of Tampa. The weather was perfect. We left 10 degree weather with a blizzard about to hit. We swam in Cozumel and my kids went in the pool everyday. In GC, it was hot!!!!!

Let me put it in persepctive(Im from MA). We went to Orlando in late May 2002. It was 80 degrees when we got there. We left home with a high of 50. Every weather person in Orlando area was saying it was a cold front at 80!!!!! We swam in the pool and had a great time.

Are you doing the 6 day trip???? I priced out that ship for the 6day and it was high. However the Radiance class ships looks awesome! Enjoy!

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! ;-)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;2;20;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

We sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale Feb 16th this year. The weather was beautiful, mid-seventies. On the return home, however, it was a diffferent story.

It was again beautiful in the morning when we disembarked. While at the airport waiting for our flight to depart black clouds rolled in and literally a deluge of rain poured down. And oh goodness the wind!! They suspended flights for about an hour.

So it looks like it's the luck of the draw.

2/2004 Carnival Legend/Exotic Western Carribean

4/2003 HAL Statendam/Sea of Cortez

9/2002 CarnivalHoliday/Western Caribbean

4/2001 Carnival/Western Caribbean

4/2000 Carnival Paradise/Southern Caribbean

5/1999 RCCL/Alaska

4/1998 NCL/Pacific Coastal

10/1997 Carnival/Mexican Riviera

11/1995 Carnival Holiday/4 day Baja Mexico

6/1992 RCCL Viking Serenade/4 day Baja Mexico

6/1981 Pacific Princess/Pacific Coastal

February 2 this year the weather was great! 70's and 80's everywhere. I will agree that the water around Key West was a little chilly when we went snorkeling, but nothing that could not be handled.

Striped_fish.gif

"Semper Gumby" - Always Flexible

12/01 - Victory (Victory Review)

2/04 - Fascination (Fascination Review)

It's a Miracle! Cruising on the Miracle 12/12/04!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;12;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived