My 2 Cents: Breakaway March 3-10

roscoe123

The Haven- being without it is not a cruise deal breaker, but boy was it nice!  I found that there were a lot of places on the ship where we didn’t linger because of the Haven.  We certainly stuck to the Haven restaurant for our meals because it was awesome.  It’s just nice to have people that know who you are and what you like.  It’s also nice avoiding lines and taking care of all services in one area.  The sun deck was for ages 16+.  Not too many kids were in the Haven area in general during the day and the pool and hot tubs were rarely used.  

We had two bottles of sparkling wine and a bottle of water for “free” in our cabin when we arrived. 

Butler- we asked for menus for some of the specialty restaurants and requested dinner be served in our room two nights out of the cruise.  I also requested a pitcher of tea and pitcher of lemonade be kept in the fridge.  

Thermal Suite- not very relaxing.  There was a lot of talking.  The Haven was quieter, so I stayed there.  Plus we had a spa room, so I just used the jacuzzi tub in the room.  

Best feature of the Breakaway- The Waterfront.  Would have hung out there more if it wasn’t for the Haven.  

Most popular entertainment- Syd Norman’s Pour House.  It was packed every night. Standing room only.  Sometimes I would just listen to the show from the Waterfront area.  The comedians were also popular, and funny.

Harvest Caye- yes, the Deluxe Beach Villa’s are worth it, even if just for two people.

Cozumel/Playa del Carmen- apparently a place to get medications, so I got some Latisse.

The Port of New Orleans- embarkation was somewhat chaotic, but this may have just been due to Mardi Gras traffic woes.  The Advance Check In luggage transfer service was great.  I was glad not to have to carry my luggage around since we had a late flight and wanted to walk around the city a bit. 

A70EEB9F-F091-4AAD-97C0-8C3F8B821B1B.jpeg

73247557-6C89-46E4-B43C-E8B6C86591CD.jpeg

01CD4E80-F101-4A17-AE6A-938CD96EB9B9.jpeg

051EB9D4-CC2E-4817-94C4-0B07422AAF15.jpeg

7833DE06-AFB7-486F-A162-1DEE9E5C0DAC.jpeg

856F97A0-FFB6-4504-80C4-111E9E8945B5.jpeg

3FA9013F-24FC-4494-8876-8857B6E1B251.jpeg

D10EBF77-DF8D-4522-AF17-66CF808B1718.jpeg

BE0780D4-560F-4168-B653-BDC1E44E3FEA.jpeg

Thanks for the review! I'll be on the Breakaway in april!  I have a bid in on a Haven Suite, we'll see what happens.  I was in the Haven on Epic and it was wonderful.  I stayed there most of the time too!

1 hour ago, CozGurl said:

Interesting about Cozumel. How much was the Latisse? From which pharmacy did you purchase?

Is there a pool in the Haven area or just hot tubs? 

The Latisse was $60. I don’t remember the name of the pharmacy. Our excursion was in Playa del Carmen (we took the ferry over) and there were pharmacies everywhere!  I’m sure the price would have been better off the beaten track. The Haven on the Breakaway has a small dipping pool, a small shallow  pool with loungers, and 2 hot tubs.