Alaska - book late or now for 2020?

flashy09

8 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Coral, thanks.  I hadn't remembered seeing it before but then I also wasn't planning on doing it till last year so I wasn't sure if I just finally paid attention to the email...

They may have done it last year. I know this years promo ended at the end of February. I was trying to get a friend to book during it and she missed the deadline. Though - her cruise tour price (not connoisseur) reduced by more than the OBC when they booked the first week in March. So for them, they did fine.

Edited by Coral

On 3/13/2019 at 4:47 PM, flashy09 said:

So can you refare only if the price drops before final payment?  What happens if a last minute deal happens and you have fully paid?

Once you are paid-in full you can no longer reprice.  You can just cancel your cruise reservation you paid in full, accept (any) penalties and then rebook the same cruise at a later time.  But you need to watch the penalties (if any).   I too watch those 'last minute deals' and if you really don't care about a specific room or location, then yes - go ahead and book when the 90 day countdown and slashing is going on to fill the ship.  But there is more than just the room cost to consider, booking early gives you promo's which balance out the pricing (such as obc, or drink packages or..etc..etc..).  Look at your pricing as an entire package, not just what your room now costs. 

Edited by melodyina
added more sentences so I wouldn't be flamed.. lol..