"Old" new topic ... To Upgrade or not upgrade

I'm saying in 59 days (wahoooooo) on the Symphony and currently have a Grand Suite (Deck 10).  It's me, DW, son (11), and daughter (6).  I know this topic has been addressed in the past (just read through them) but I received the "Do You Want to Upgrade" email yesterday.

My choices are: Villa Suite (Star) , Star Loft Suite (Star) , Aqua 2 BR (Star), Aqua 1BR (Sky), Crown Loft (Sky), Owner's Suite (Sky).

All the Star level stuff is ridiculous starting at $2K and up.  But the CLS and OS seem enticing.  They both start at about $1,000 (it's a bidding system) and up.

My question is do I want to spend the money for a larger room, or keep our GS and spend the money on Excursions.  I'm leaning towards the latter since we already have full access to the Suite amenities.  The CLS suite seems cool simply because we can keep the kiddos downstairs but since it's a bidding thing we have no say in where the CLS will be and I'm almost sure it would be facing AFT which eliminates all privacy and adds noise. 

Any with any experiences with upgrades want to chime in?  Is this bidding thing a new thing?

I would keep the grand suite and save the money. like you said, the amenities for the OS would be the same as the GS.

The balcony in the CLS is small.

The nice thing about the CLS is that you are on the same level as the suite lounge. 

If you had originally wanted any of those other rooms you would have booked them at the start.  

With the OS all you would gain is more space.

Spend the money elsewhere!