Refundable Deposit Fares?

Dan83

While shopping fares for a 2020 trip, I see a box to check for a refundable deposit.  It adds a few hundred to the total fare.  This is on the RCI website after you put in names and DOB.  Also, sometimes there isn't a refundable deposit box to check for certain room categories.  Under the "Cancel After Penalty", the first date listed says 25% of total price, this makes me think it could be a refundable deposit fare. Because on other room categories, under the "cancel after penalty", the first date listed will say "today" and "minimum deposit".  These are obviously non-refundable deposit fares.  My question is, how do I know for sure I'm getting a refundable deposit fare if there isn't a box to check.  I did talk to a travel agent I've used in the past but that was unhelpful.  I'd rather book directly on RCI website.  

Was pricing balconies down to insides.  No suites for us just yet.  The balcony category had "you pick your room" listed cheaper than "we pick your room".  Opposite of what it normally is.  

7 hours ago, Dan83 said:

Was pricing balconies down to insides.  No suites for us just yet.  The balcony category had "you pick your room" listed cheaper than "we pick your room".  Opposite of what it normally is.  

Very odd, but I've seen that that a couple of times before.

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Very odd, but I've that that a couple of times before.

Yes, I noticed the same on the just booked Aug. 29th Anthem's cruise.  The RCL option of "choosing your balcony cabin" was more expensive than the "obstructed balcony guarantee."  There seems to be at a minimum 3 balcony guarantee pricing.  For the 9 night cruise I got a very good fare for a 5D balcony guarantee.  Asked the agent  where the 5D categories are located and she indicated from deck 8-11.

In speaking to RCL agent I complained  about the website as how hard it is to get to the refundable fares and she told me that she has not been very successful to obtain those prices.  Also, that prior to the improvement :classic_rolleyes: one was able to determine what deck/room in each category.  As I'm talking to her, she's frustrated in identifying the 5D color schemes.  I said, yes I remember.:classic_biggrin: