Price drop/Sold out...confused

nhquilter1

I've been checking in on my cruise on NCL and for the past month the price had jumped ($400 for an inside room) and it was showing the sail-away rooms as sold out and there were still inside rooms available. Today when I looked, the price has fallen about $200 and it shows all the inside rooms sold out and only sail-away rooms available...
Have folks been upgrading and that's why? Can't quite wrap my brain around it! LOL

TIA

I just called to ask about buying an upgrade after I saw a big price drop for my cruise. I am looking at their website where 15 spa balconies show as available, and the NCL rep could not find one B9 or M9 open. He suggested that either they are blocking them all for bids or holding them for a group. I'm going to try again tomorrow just in case it is a system glitch.

2 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I just called to ask about buying an upgrade after I saw a big price drop for my cruise. I am looking at their website where 15 spa balconies show as available, and the NCL rep could not find one B9 or M9 open. He suggested that either they are blocking them all for bids or holding them for a group. I'm going to try again tomorrow just in case it is a system glitch.

Interesting...at least I know I'm not losing it!

Their website is very inconsistent. Best bet is to call  if you can get through or have your TA call. Keep checking website as availability changes constantly.

Many times it shows cabins sold out, and then if you change the number of guests from 2 to 1 cabins will show as available. Then change guests back from 1 to 2 and you'll get available cabins. Craziest thing. I've booked more than a few last minute cruises in this manner. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 3:43 PM, Zippeedee said:

Blocking for bids? As opposed to leaving them open to sell at full price? 

Holding them for a group seems likely. 

6 hours ago, seizetheseas said:

Blocking for bids? As opposed to leaving them open to sell at full price? 

Holding them for a group seems likely. 

The cabins were clearly visible on the website for new bookings. The NCL rep did not show them as available for upgrading an existing reservation.