Golf clubs?

boris53098

Has anyone brought their own clubs on HAL? This is our first time going on HAL. Last year, when I booked our upcoming cruise (April) golf clubs were on the prohibited item list. They no longer are, so I called to see if we can bring them. I was told only if we are booked on a golf excursion through the ship. I looked and they don't offer golf excursions on our cruise. I called back, talked to a different person and was told yes, we can bring them. Has anyone actually brought their own? Yes, I am aware they can be rented at the golf course, but hubby really, really prefers his own clubs. 

43 minutes ago, boris53098 said:

Has anyone brought their own clubs on HAL? This is our first time going on HAL. Last year, when I booked our upcoming cruise (April) golf clubs were on the prohibited item list. They no longer are, so I called to see if we can bring them. I was told only if we are booked on a golf excursion through the ship. I looked and they don't offer golf excursions on our cruise. I called back, talked to a different person and was told yes, we can bring them. Has anyone actually brought their own? Yes, I am aware they can be rented at the golf course, but hubby really, really prefers his own clubs. 

Unless things changed in 2019, golf clubs are still on the prohibited items list. Having said that, you can bring them onboard and they will be temporary confiscated (you will get a receipt from security) and will be kept in the SECO's office. When you know you're going to use them, contact Guest Services the day/evening prior and they will contact security. The clubs will either be given to Guest Services and/or will be at the gangway on the morning you want to use them. When you're done with your round and have played a game Tiger Woods would be jealous of, the process will repeat itself, i.e. they will be temp confiscated again and you will be given a receipt.

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Unless things changed in 2019, golf clubs are still on the prohibited items list. Having said that, you can bring them onboard and they will be temporary confiscated (you will get a receipt from security) and will be kept in the SECO's office. When you know you're going to use them, contact Guest Services the day/evening prior and they will contact security. The clubs will either be given to Guest Services and/or will be at the gangway on the morning you want to use them. When you're done with your round and have played a game Tiger Woods would be jealous of, the process will repeat itself, i.e. they will be temp confiscated again and you will be given a receipt.

Thanks for your response. I think it'll be easier to rent them, but hubby is pretty stubborn. 

This is what is currently listed for prohibited sports equipment: 

• Baseball bats, hockey sticks, cricket bats, lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, and skateboards.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boris53098 said:

Thanks for your response. I think it'll be easier to rent them, but hubby is pretty stubborn. 

This is what is currently listed for prohibited sports equipment: 

• Baseball bats, hockey sticks, cricket bats, lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, and skateboards.

I was working off this one from last year but it looks like, it's been revised. Enjoy your cruise!

• Baseball bats, hockey sticks, cricket bats, golf clubs (unless prior authorization is obtained from the Fleet Security Department in connection with a confirmed group outing, golf clubs will ordinarily be maintained by the Hotel Department until the outing date and then returned at the conclusion of the outing), lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, and skateboards.