San Juan excursions of the town evening in May 2019

nluzius

There are a few companies that offer food and beverage tours. One company is Flavors of San Juan.

There is also a flamenco show at Rosa Triana restaurant on Recinto Street every night except Monday. Great show!

There are at least 2 rooftop bars. One has events some nights. Can't remember the name but if you're interested I'll see if I can find the link.

There may be a cheese making class. I would have to look for that one, too.

Just walking around and checking out the various outdoor restaurants is fun.

My wife and I just spend some time in San Juan last week and got to know a great couple that owns their own tour company. It is called "Seeing Puerto Rico" and their names are Narayan and Lismar. They made us feel like family the minute that they picked us up. They showed us many things about the island as well as their culture. They spoke very good English and even interpreted for us in a few cases where we didn't understand the Spanish speaking vendors. The first day we took a tour of the Window Cave and the Indian Cave with Lismar. This is a beautiful tour that shows the best of Puerto Rico. The following day we went to Lechonera Los Pinos for lunch with Narayan. It is an authentic Puerto Rican Barbeque that is 1 hour away from San Juan. It was worth the drive. The food was outstanding! We then went on a short drive and tucked away in a small rain forest away from all of the crowds we hiked a trail that ended at Charco Azul Swimming Hole. It was a beautiful swimming hole with small waterfalls, great for pictures.  We had a wonderful time seeing Puerto Rico. Narayan and Lismar know every part of the island and can tailor your tour to see whatever you want. They can do simple walking tours with you in San Juan to more elaborate tours to see the island, making sure you have a good time and get back to catch your boat on time. You can reach them at 787-628-7558 or check out their facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pg/SeeingPuertoRico

• Like 1

Great pic!!

How long is the hike, were there other cool caves? How long was the hike?

My husband and I hike from Spring to Fall since we live in the mountains where there are great views and many waterfalls. We were looking to tour Old Sand Juan (forts and town), but this window cave is pretty cool.  Really had our heart set on OSJ, just want to make sure this hike has more to offer than your average hike if we decide to change our mind. :)

The entire hike was 1 hr & 20 mins.  We stopped a few times through the caves to take pictures and hear the history about the caves. The hike wasn't long by any means and you must go with one of the on site tour guides. Wear good tennis shoes or hiking shoes. (No sandals or flip flops). We hiked through two cave to get to the window. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is beautiful. How long is your ship in port? You may have time to do the caves in the morning and OSJ in the afternoon especially if you have a tour guide that can take you to all of the good spots. Happy cruising!

On 3/22/2019 at 7:15 AM, LetsHaveFunInTheSun said:

The picture doesn't do it justice. It is beautiful. How long is your ship in port? You may have time to do the caves in the morning and OSJ in the afternoon especially if you have a tour guide that can take you to all of the good spots. Happy cruising!

We are in port from 8:00 - 3:00. 

Forgive me if you have already mentioned this but are Narayan and Lismar located near the Port?  Wondering if we can visit OSJ in the morning and do the hike about 11:00ish.

I believe that they live in San Juan. They are not your typical large touristy company with a storefront building. They are more of a very professional Mom and Pop tour company with a large passenger van that can customize your tour any way that you would like it.  They have had many years of being tour guides and really know the entire island of Puerto Rico. This gives them the ability to give your group a more unique experience.  My suggestion is for you to go to the Window Cave in the morning and then come back to Old San Juan for lunch and have them do a walking tour of the highlights of the town. This will get you back in the dock area without having to worry about heavy traffic. Another suggestion is to team up with others on your cruise through the roll call to keep the overall cost of your tour down. I hope this helps. Being a cruiser myself, I understand that you want to get every detail right, so don't be afraid to ask me more questions. Happy Cruising!