Bangkok Asia Travel: Excellent Small Group Tour

ChocolateLover919

Laem Chabang/Bangkok: I contacted Mike, www.bangokasiatravel.com, for a private tour for 8 of us after reading many positive reviews.  He was responsive to my numerous questions and I thought gave us a very fair price for the tour.  We made a $50 deposit thru PayPal and paid the balance in USD the day of the tour.  It takes about 2-2.5 hours to drive from the cruise port to Bangkok, since there is a great deal of traffic closer to the very clean city. 

Mr. Chi, our tour guide, was informative and professional on our ride to the city and throughout the day.  Our visits to the Wat (temples) both men and women need their shoulders and knees covered with shoes off.  If you don’t like walking on hot walkways or with no socks, bring a pair to put on when you go into the temples. 

Walking thru the flower markets watching people making the beautiful decorations/arrangements along with the intoxicating smell of jasmine and other flowers was wonderful to experience.  Mr. Chi was thoughtful to purchase local fruit to share.  

The Grand Palace was an area that was extremely crowded with people and many beautiful buildings and other statues, etc.  My favorite was the beautiful mosaic building that shimmered in the sun. 

We had lunch at the Navy Club, included with our tour except for beer, served family style with many options and sat outside overlooking the busy river.  My favorite was chicken with cashews which had a delicious sauce and there were many options from soup to dessert.

There were many other fabulous stops, sights and smells of the day we all got to enjoy!

I highly recommend contacting this company for a tour of Bangkok.