Cruise Ship Complex

deb380

We are going on the Liberty in April and as I was looking thru the threads and pictures, the pictures showed a Cruise Ship COmplex I think in Costa Maya. What is that.

Yes that is the port area at Costa Maya, there are restaurants, bars, shops, vendors, and a large saltwater pool with a swim up bar. It is very nicely done, and they have several folkloric and dance presentations in a small ampitheater area. However I do reccomend that you to go into the fishing village of Mahajual, there is taxi and bus service available for about 3 bucks per person..

Hope that helps...

i to am going on the liberty ... feb 18th....any recomendations for panama, costa rica and costa maya...never been to any of these ports....

We booked Liberty last Nov 26 for it's first 8 day W Car cruise, just because of the ports of call. When we booked Cozumel was on the plans, but Wilma caused a switch to Costa Maya. We choose this cruise to see places like Mexico, Costa Rica, and Panama. In Mexico we did the Kohunlich Mayan Ruins which entailed an interesting bus trip toward southern Mexico near Belize. We had the most informative tour guide who made the full day trip a delight, Ophelia was her name. In Costa Rica we took the bus, train, boat trip ... which out of the 3 ranked last for our favorite, but Wendy was a local interesting guide, and the trip to a banana plantation was interesting. In Panama we took the Two Oceans By Railroad tour ... a short bus trip thru Colon to the "depot" for the train, and then a trip to the Pacific, then on a bus to tour Panama City area, and overview of a lock (this was the most costly excursion). If you want beach time, it'll need to be Costa Maya as it has the best to offer. All in all, we enjoyed all the excursions, and allowed us to spend time in each of the countries close-up.

Archived