Air Tran? Experiences?

kenandlaura06

We used them one time and found the seating very cramped. Only other thing we didn't like was our seats right by the engines were very noisy. On the plus side, they had great prices, and were ontime.

I think the reason we didn't want to use them again was that there were very few non-stop flights and the one non-stop was really early in the morning:( .

I used them for the first last Christmas from TPA to ATL because the prices on Delta were high. I also found the seating very cramped in coach after doing a business class upgrade on the outbound flight.

I probably won't fly them again if given a choice. And in fact two weeks after I booked my flight - Delta came down to what would have been $120 less :( I guess I need to be more patient next time....

I try to avoid ATL whenever possible. I got delayed there by weather on time and waited over 2 hours to board our flight. Then we waited ove an hour in line to take off. This had nothing to do with a single airline, but just a fact of life when flying into/out of this airport.

Flew Air Tran on Jan 09 from FLL to ROC. Excellent service by both check-in staff and in service staff. On the direct flight we were given 3 + 3 seats for the 4 of us and the service staff made two passes handing out drinks. Most airlines do it once to get it overwith.

No hesitation flying with them again.

Have flown Airtran several times. Never a problem. True that the seats are cramped but so are the ones in Contintal economy class (the only other airline I fly regularly). I like the prices on Airtran, everything is clean and well run and they fly from smaller regional airports so I don't have to always go to the big airports. Hope this helps.

Archived