Favorite deli order

crusinpsychRN

We love getting some cookies and the occasional sammich from room service. Not as often now that they do the little late night schnacky buffet. I still like to get a pizza, and cookies and head back to our cabin. And, from the deli, they have a few good sandwiches and i seem to recall fries too. But always, a hot dog with chili onions kraut and mustard!

12 hours ago, coevan said:

We serve pastrami and corned beef. They are fatty. That's how briskets are. There is no such thing as lean pastrami unless you use a "round", which technically is not pastrami. 

I don't know about that, I've bought the Boar's Head corned beef and pastrami from Publix several times and it's been pretty lean and I'm pretty sure it's brisket and not "round".

Of course the fattiness of brisket depends on how much of the fat cap is left on it.

39 minutes ago, coevan said:

We serve Boar's Head, all supermarkets only sell rounds. A round has no fat cap, it's basically a brined and spiced roast beef. People tend to like the rounds more because they are so lean. 

This is what I buy, if it's round, then Boar's Head and Publix are blatantly lying to their consumers.

Capture.PNG.1311dd100b6239cb1fdadbeb9cc60921.PNG

On 4/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, ericr said:

we go to deli and get smoked salmon to put on our bagels in morning also kids order pb and jelly every day

they are pretty good

yes make sure and ask for any extra items needed be specific

Until recently used to have smoked salmon free on breakfast room service menu. But I could pull that “used to” thread all day long.... 

• 2 weeks later...